Cooling Problems?

Weedl

I bought a PRE-BUILD PC from a company that builds their own PC's. Im not tech savy so thats why i didn't want to build it myself.

But i might of made a mistake, i cheaped out on the case. I got the MasterBox Lite 5 

. It was only like 50 euro's and i spend like 1800 on the Desktop itself.

A friend of mine told me that there isn't enough 'air flow' for the components that i have in my PC. The CPU is watercooled but its nothing fancy either, It's the MasterLiquid ML240L. I didnt have an option to select GPU cooling so im guessing they are just standard fans.

After watching this vid my friend reffered me to, im a bit concerned. Is it necessary that i that i change the case?

gtx 1080

16GB DDR4

850W PSU

Well, just looking at the case, you can see that the front fans do basicaly nothing. They are there just to be there, where are they supposed to take air from? Its closed off.

index.php?ct=news%26action=file%26id=204

You also cant get any air from top, not sure about the bottom... but there is a PSU shroud that would block most of the airflow anyway. So your real only option is to have rear exhaust and negative pressure in the case which is the only thing that you can work with really. (unless you are willing to have the side panel taken off).

first of all what are your actual temps?

If you are actually overheating you can just take off the front panel and that should solve all your problems really.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I've always done it myself as well.

You have to delid it man...and the CLC is junk...it just trickles water in there the whole thing....Construct you're loop. and it's a clc...you can't cool you're gpu….

2600x 4.3ghz-Loop

Msi X470 gaming plus

EVGA SuperSC CL16 3200 16gb

gtx 1060

pny nvme 480gb

mushkin eco3 480gb

Sound Blaster Audigy FX

Cooler Master GXII Pro 750w.

Good block I put on there dude...I don't slack with the block man...and that will work on anything new as well. 

20190106_040628.jpg

2600x 4.3ghz-Loop

Msi X470 gaming plus

gtx 1060

pny nvme 480gb

mushkin eco3 480gb

Sound Blaster Audigy FX

9 minutes ago, JRzoid said:

Good block I put on there dude...I don't slack with the block man...and that will work on anything new as well. 

20190106_040628.jpg

Considering he's not tech savy, he probably doesn't want to build a full custom loop for his (I'm presuming) first pc. AS for actual advice, I'd recommend downloading msi afterburner and running some games, check how hot the temps get. If they get to around 80 ish degrees or hotter, then you prbably need to chance case. Maybe you can send it back and ask if they can replace the case for you, as long as you pay the extra price?

2 minutes ago, monjessenstein said:

Considering he's not tech savy, he probably doesn't want to build a full custom loop for his (I'm presuming) first pc. AS for actual advice, I'd recommend downloading msi afterburner and running some games, check how hot the temps get. If they get to around 80 ish degrees or hotter, then you prbably need to chance case. Maybe you can send it back and ask if they can replace the case for you, as long as you pay the extra price?

The gpu will get up to 40-60c and the 2600x stays mostly around the same...it's only with benches gets hot it won't go over 80c....it's about the same with the delidded 7700k. would be about the same if I delidded the 8700k..and good LM application...I do it the same way swab it on there with a q-tip and reseal the lid with silicone and let it dry in the socket. 

2600x 4.3ghz-Loop

Msi X470 gaming plus

gtx 1060

pny nvme 480gb

mushkin eco3 480gb

Sound Blaster Audigy FX

4 hours ago, WereCat said:

They are there just to be there, where are they supposed to take air from? Its closed off.

Can't you see?

They've created breathing glass :D

In all seriousness what temperatures do you get at idle when nothing is running

And what temperatures do you get when it's being stressed, use something like HWiNFO to monitor temperatures.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

4 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Can't you see?

They've created breathing glass :D

In all seriousness what temperatures do you get at idle when nothing is running

And what temperatures do you get when it's being stressed, use something like HWiNFO to monitor temperatures.

Not as good as it could be...and yeah that's what I do...I fix that shit real quick.

2600x 4.3ghz-Loop

Msi X470 gaming plus

gtx 1060

pny nvme 480gb

mushkin eco3 480gb

Sound Blaster Audigy FX

-Thread cleaned-

Please keep comments respectful, on-topic, and contributing.

6 hours ago, Weedl said:

Is it necessary that i that i change the case?

I would first see how hot your components are getting while playing games. If you can remove the front panel, that's where most of the lack of airflow is coming from. Getting that front panel off will drastically improve temperatures and airflow inside your case.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

16 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Thread cleaned-

Please keep comments respectful, on-topic, and contributing.

I would first see how hot your components are getting while playing games. If you can remove the front panel, that's where most of the lack of airflow is coming from. Getting that front panel off will drastically improve temperatures and airflow inside your case.

Yeah but is that a viable option? Wont there get too much dust inside?

9 hours ago, Weedl said:

Yeah but is that a viable option? Wont there get too much dust inside?

If there's a dust filter, there's nothing to worry about in terms of dust.

Either way, getting that panel off will greatly increase your airflow and temperatures.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If there's a dust filter, there's nothing to worry about in terms of dust.

Either way, getting that panel off will greatly increase your airflow and temperatures.

No there is a gaping hole in the middle lol

8 minutes ago, Weedl said:

No there is a gaping hole in the middle lol

That's a ridiculously big oversight on Cooler Master's part.

Personally, if you don't want to remove the front panel, then buy a new case.