Mini ITX with full/micro ATX motherboard?

DefinitelyTech

Hello all,

I am looking into the possibility to make a mini ITX threadripper build but need some help first.

I would like to fit this build into something like a Node 202 or Salvo S401 case. Having a small form factor build is the best but unfortunately these dont have support (even with modding) for full or even micro atx motherboards because of the power supply.

I am 100% willing to do some slight modding and have the build much like the S401 example build with a vertical mount GPU in the bottom chamber. I just need a sff case that is wide enough to mount a 9.7” wide motherboard, and a power supply. All help appreciated.

Where is a list for not manstream good sff cases that I can look into? For example the Dan cases.

FULL CUSTOM WATER COOLED = AMD Ryzen 1700X + AsRock B450 itx/ac + 2x8GB ADATA D10 DDR4 + EVGA GTX 1070 FTW  Integra 450W SFX + Intel 660p 1TB SSD + Modded Fractal Design Node 202

SFFPC's being <20L, instead of messing with modding I would just go with the Cerberus X.

41 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

SFFPC's being <20L, instead of messing with modding I would just go with the Cerberus X.

I was hoping for between 7-15L. I looked at the Silverstone RVZ03 Raven and I may be able to fit the X399M Taichi in it

FULL CUSTOM WATER COOLED = AMD Ryzen 1700X + AsRock B450 itx/ac + 2x8GB ADATA D10 DDR4 + EVGA GTX 1070 FTW  Integra 450W SFX + Intel 660p 1TB SSD + Modded Fractal Design Node 202

On 12/30/2018 at 11:04 PM, Marenoc said:

I was hoping for between 7-15L. I looked at the Silverstone RVZ03 Raven and I may be able to fit the X399M Taichi in it

Thjis list has a few micro ATX cases in it. The Jonesbo C2 and 2 others are actually smaller Volume wise than the RVZ03

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25