Floatplane Can't add paypal on safari

N0rthernLight5

Steps to reproduce:
Try to add pp on safari:

- Click "Add Paypal"

- Enter Address

- Click Paypal button 

Result:
Nothing visible. JS Exception in Console (see screenshot)

btw. the Text "Cancel Link" should be replaced with "Cancel"

EDIT: Using Safari 12.0.2 on macOS 10.14.2

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 00.24.08.png

I'm unable to reproduce this issue with Safari on macOS (in both private-browsing and normal mode). Unfortunately, because it appears that the errant code is controlled by PayPal (according to your screenshot, see https://www.paypalobjects.com/web/res/2cd/6c95150722b94271a966a5d3785d0/js/button.js?build=x), it may be that there's not much we can do.

After taking a look at your account, it seems you were able to link a PayPal account. Was this from Safari or another browser?

If you could try Safari again, there is a chance that it may magically work, as PayPal does have issues from time-to-time. If not, any additional information to help narrow this down would help (including a list of any extensions installed, whether or not this was in private-browsing mode, or any other peculiarities that you might think of).

Many thanks for your patience!

Hey @Yuki v~,

thank you for looking into it. I managed to add paypal in firefox.

It seems that the issue in safari appears only when also using uBlock; but then it still sometimes works. So you might be right about your theory of it  being ob paypal's end.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 3:03 PM, N0rthernLight5 said:

Hey @Yuki v~,

thank you for looking into it. I managed to add paypal in firefox.

It seems that the issue in safari appears only when also using uBlock; but then it still sometimes works. So you might be right about your theory of it  being ob paypal's end.

Cheers

Awesome, the extra information is quite helpful for investigating this!

I am seeing a couple reported issues with regards to uBlock causing some weirdness with PayPal: one, two, three, ...

The uBlock project maintainer seems to suggest that some instances are due to the filter lists containing something they shouldn't, or issues with Firefox or Chrome. I'm not seeing anything about Safari, but it's totally possible that an issue has started up affecting it.

Thanks to the additional information you've provided, we can much better handle filing an issue report with the appropriate party, and/or potentially working around this issue.

(In other news: the "Cancel Link" text has been replaced with simply "Cancel")