Freesync v2

Dreadnought

On a monitor with the Freesync range of 40-75Hz, which one is the best scenario? 

1. 45-50fps with Freesync ON

2. Stable 60fps with Freesync ON

3. Stable 60fps with Freesync OFF

4. 90-100fps with Freesync ON

5. 90-100fps with Freesync OFF

You can use (1>2>3...) or (1>2=3<4=5) 

Scenario 1 is where freesync will show what it can do. That's the sort of stuff it is designed for.

Scenario 2 and 3, seems pointless to have freesync? It's stable and the monitor can keep up so that's fine.

If it's unstable, freesync will help a LOT

4 and 5 should give the same experience because it's out of the freesync range, but it should give the best gaming experience because you can always fully utilize the 75hz refresh rate of the monitor.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

6 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Scenario 1 is where freesync will show what it can do. That's the sort of stuff it is designed for.

Scenario 2 and 3, seems pointless to have freesync? It's stable and the monitor can keep up so that's fine.

If it's unstable, freesync will help a LOT

4 and 5 should give the same experience because it's out of the freesync range, but it should give the best gaming experience because you can always fully utilize the 75hz refresh rate of the monitor.

But I've seen that you will get screen tearing if your fps is out of your display capability (100fps on a 75Hz monitor)

Just now, Dreadnought said:

But I've seen that you will get screen tearing if your fps is out of your display capability (100fps on a 75Hz monitor)

Yea, that can happen, but i'm not sure if freesync helps for that.

What i can tell you is that i have a freesync setup myself and haven't seen tearing in months so i don't think it's something you need to worry about. It's imo rare to have.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Yea, that can happen, but i'm not sure if freesync helps for that.

What i can tell you is that i have a freesync setup myself and haven't seen tearing in months so i don't think it's something you need to worry about. It's imo rare to have.

I have LG 24MP68VQ (75Hz Freesync monitor), should I get RX 460 2GB ($77) or GTX 970 ($97)? With the RX 460, I will get a lower fps but I will be able to utilize Freesync. And with GTX 970, I will get a higher fps, but I won't be able to utilize Freesync ?

Which one do you think is a better choice?

5 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

I have LG 24MP68VQ (75Hz Freesync monitor), should I get RX 460 2GB ($77) or GTX 970 ($97)? With the RX 460, I will get a lower fps but I will be able to utilize Freesync. And with GTX 970, I will get a higher fps, but I won't be able to utilize Freesync ?

Which one do you think is a better choice?

Get an RX 580? You should be able to find a used one

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2 hours ago, mxk. said:

Get an RX 580? You should be able to find a used one

The cheapest (used) RX 570 & 580 4GB cost $140 in my country, and my max budget for gpu is $100 

3 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

The cheapest (used) RX 570 & 580 4GB cost $140 in my country, and my max budget for gpu is $100 

save up some more money then, if you can. 8gb is better, obviously.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu