Swiftech h320

xToFxREAPER

Alright so i couldnt find a review on this wicked cooler so im doing one xD Pics at the bottom ;)

First impressions - Packaging 

The cooler came beautifully packaged by swiftech, its a very unmistakable item. upon opening the box i was extremely satisfied to see a nice thick piece of foam between the cardboard box and where everything is packaged inside its own cardboard. The system is quite heavy as compared to other closed loop coolers the block alone weighs atleast twice what a h100i or h110 block weighs which to me gave me a great sense of satisfaction and a sense of being more premium so to speak.

Installation

The installation was pretty simple, my case of choice for this was the Corsair Air 540 in black. I had to mount it with tubing at the bottom and rad at the top, the tubing in the top doesnt quiet fit as the fittings (or whatever you desire to call them) are a little to long and dont allow enough clearance to be mounted that way although i would suggest res port at the top anyway just makes the tubing reach a little tough. I started by removing all the stock swiftech fans and mounted nf-f12's on the front outside of the case holding the rad and re attached the swiftech fans in as pull config inside the case leaving more then enough room for my video card and cabling along with re attaching the front panel to the case overtop of the nf-f12's. It is a tight fit although the nf-f12's are a little bit thicker then some fans and i noticed the swiftech fans are a tad thinner which would leave some spare room for the front panel to re attach more easily and reduce the noise caused by the panel being so close to the fans. this however is easily fixed by reducing the fan speed and i have achieved a silent system with extremely nice temps.

Performance

Now i just got the cooler and havent fully tested so ill update this more later with picture proof once i have some solid oc's. Temps with the stock cooler on the I7 4770k were unruly to say the least. playing skyrim at 4k settings with a ton of mods the average temp would be atleast 60 degrees across all cores with about a 5 degree variation. i dared not run aida with the stock cooler for obvious reasons lol. With this Cooler i immediately set it for 4.5ghz with 1.25 volts on the core and ran aida64 (dont like prime especially on the newer ivy and haswell chips.) for about 3 hours with no issue and the temp would not go over 60 degrees at the absolute peak with an average of about 50 degrees. to be honest i thought these reading were wrong in aida so i started cpuz and it gave the same readings within margin of error, after seeing that i pumped it up to 4.6ghz @ 1.27 volts on the core also rock solid with a marginal increase in temps all the while my fans stayed near whisper quiet. i should also note my ambient temperature is around 20 degrees celcius give or take a few degrees of course

Final clock of 4.8ghz with a vcore of 1.315, it was at 1.4 a bit ago but after some extensive bios tweaks i was able to drop it significantly on average about 5 to 10 degrees across the board. the pic does not reflect the updated bios tweaks that will be updated as soon as possible

post-6391-0-45882500-1389314202.png

So there are some high peaks there because i had my silent fan curve running instead of my extreme benching curve, my average temps are usually around fairly low as you see xD ill run a cpuid verification later for proof if this isnt enough for some

Conclusion

This is hand down the best closed loop cooler (if you can call it that) i have ever used, i have used the h220 the h110 the h100i and pretty much everything else you can think of throughout my own builds as well as client builds and im extremely impressed by it. If you have the space to mount a triple rad this cooler is literally a no brainer and if anyone says otherwise i will seriously question their state of mind :P

Any question and or comments can be left and i will answer them as soon as i am physically able to do so. Stay tuned for my review of the Evga 770 Classified acx 4gb gpu ;)

post-6391-0-09037500-1389084314_thumb.jp

post-6391-0-62223900-1389084317_thumb.jp

post-6391-0-48486900-1389084383_thumb.jp

Corsair Carbide Air :rolleyes:

Those noctuas are anti climax ahhaa

Corsair Carbide Air :rolleyes:

Those noctuas are anti climax ahhaa

I personally love noctuas and with the system being black and gold they fit decently well, leds are usually set for a yellowish gold I just set them white for pics cause they come out better

Great review, thanks! Just wondering, where you able to put the dust filter/mesh back on at all with it installed? Would you say that the difference between the H220 and the H320 is noticeable when looking at temperatures (I would expect it to be)?

Great review, thanks! Just wondering, where you able to put the dust filter/mesh back on at all with it installed? Would you say that the difference between the H220 and the H320 is noticeable when looking at temperatures (I would expect it to be)?

ive noticed on average about a 10 degree difference between the h220 and the h320 so it is a pretty large difference, the dust filter wouldnt go back on by conventional means so im going to do a slight mod to it so i can re attach it via screws into the fans since it usually magnets to the case

Awesome. I have the H220, and am thinking of changing out the tubes to some of a more attractive note. Your thoughts on doing the same? Or do you like as is? 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Awesome. I have the H220, and am thinking of changing out the tubes to some of a more attractive note. Your thoughts on doing the same? Or do you like as is? 

Im planning on watercooling the whole system once i have the second gpu, im not fond of how i had to cross my gpu to get it to fit in the meantime but at least its only temporary. ill probably get some yellow primochill tubing or something cause i dont wanna use dyed coolants

• 1 month later...

Good review Reaper, I plan on going with the H320 in my Corsair 750D but I've heard alot of people complaining about a loud pump, did you find it to be loud?

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Good review Reaper, I plan on going with the H320 in my Corsair 750D but I've heard alot of people complaining about a loud pump, did you find it to be loud?

Well you have to consider the fact its an mcp355 rather then what the h100i's and whatnot get which is often what its compared which in my opinion is far from being a fair comparison

Great review :)

Might look at investing in a better closed loop system myself

Thanks. writing has never been my strong suit so its nice to get some positive feedback :)

Keep it up! I'd be more than happy to read more of these :)

Well i do need to finish up my 780 lightning review at some point. its written up just need to update it with benchmarks and stuff but ive been insanely busy of late

Well you have to consider the fact its an mcp355 rather then what the h100i's and whatnot get which is often what its compared which in my opinion is far from being a fair comparison

Not sure what you mean (I'm a water-cooling noob), I'm looking for a silent system myself, which AIO would you say is tops for that? I can do up to a triple rad (hence why I was looking at the H320 in the first place).

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Not sure what you mean (I'm a water-cooling noob), I'm looking for a silent system myself, which AIO would you say is tops for that? I can do up to a triple rad (hence why I was looking at the H320 in the first place).

the h320 is the only triple rad aio on the market. the mcp355 is a fullsize pump that can drive multiple radiators and waterblocks however because you can control the speed either with a fan controller or motherboard pwm headers you can make it just as silent as other very easily and get much better performance 

So just wondering did you see my build log before doing this? :P

op did you delid your cpu?

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I know this thread was opened almost a year ago, but I just got around setting up my PC. I am very new to this! I have attached an image of my temporary setup (Discard the wiring on the picture as I have cleaned it up) But for my H320 this is how I have set up. I do have an extra 3  Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm fans I wanted to install. How would you recommend to do this with getting the best performance? Should I install them on the front of the case and uninstall and trash the stock fans that came with the H320, or keep it as it is. Also does it make a difference if the tubes are coming from the bottom or top? I had major difficulties getting it go from the bottom. 

wbz66b.jpg

Hello,

I know this thread was opened almost a year ago, but I just got around setting up my PC. I am very new to this! I have attached an image of my temporary setup (Discard the wiring on the picture as I have cleaned it up) But for my H320 this is how I have set up. I do have an extra 3  Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm fans I wanted to install. How would you recommend to do this with getting the best performance? Should I install them on the front of the case and uninstall and trash the stock fans that came with the H320, or keep it as it is. Also does it make a difference if the tubes are coming from the bottom or top? I had major difficulties getting it go from the bottom. 

-snip-

If i recall correctly back when i still had my air 540 i had set up the rad in push pull with the front and rear being intake and top being exhaust. If your not using sickleflow fans on the rad already though i would not recommend adding them on though, Two different fans can cause a lot of turbulence

p.s sorry for the late reply, It was buried in about 150 notifications 

h440 friendly ? i think so , i think im adding it to the cart

It is indeed h440 friendly

, Noise and in some cases decrease cooling performance.