[Howto] Change LTC/BTC Wallet Data Location

im using a ssd and 2 days ago i woke up to see 150gigs of writes on my ssd (which equals to %1 wear) was done overnight because of ltc and btc wallets so i raged and looked for a solution and it was pretty easy 

1-)type %appdata% to any explorer address bar and press enter

2971knU.jpg

2-)Move the Litecoin or Bitcoin folder to wherever you want (to a hdd i hope)

61M3yBP.jpg

3-) so this is the where i placed my Wallet data and renamed the folder to LTC instead of Litecoins

pI7ksTS.jpg

4-)run CMD as administrator (Windows+R key combination and type cmd and press enter) and

VZEsJhq.jpg

type mklink /d %appdata%\litecoin COPYPASTEYOURWALLETDATALOCATIONHERE

and press enter and you are done :) the folder will be linked and it wont write it to your SSD anymore

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Great post OP always helps to have your ssd alive

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

So you're advising against SSD-only rigs ?

... What if I have it stored on a NAS on my local network?

There are smart ways to have SSD-only rigs.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

So you're advising against SSD-only rigs ?

yes (only for mining rigs though) i would get a hdd for mining rigs they will still boot fast since you wont need to install any other apps than amd graphics drivers app sdk and cgminer also even remove windows features to make boot time even faster.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

yes (only for mining rigs though) i would get a hdd for mining rigs they will still boot fast since you wont need to install any other apps than amd graphics drivers app sdk and cgminer also even remove windows features to make boot time ever faster.

... By "mining rigs", do you mean 24/7 dedicated rigs or rigs you will also use for general browsing/use?

I use USB flash drives for my NAS/Mining Rig's boot drive. But they are dedicated 24/7 machines.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

... What if I have it stored on a NAS on my local network?

There are smart ways to have SSD-only rigs.

I would barrel though the window. Commando roll though the living room grab the NAS and leave through the garage  :D

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

... By "mining rigs", do you mean 24/7 dedicated rigs or rigs you will also use for general browsing/use?

I use USB flash drives for my NAS/Mining Rig's boot drive. But they are dedicated 24/7 machines.

dedicated rigs that only mines coins but even with hdd a clean install and no updates etc general net browsing that is still decent

I would barrel though the window. Commando roll though the living room grab the NAS and leave through the garage  :D

Not if I rambo my way through the front door and swartzenegger-throw a bowie knife in your throat.

Spoiler

Not if I rambo my way through the front door and swartzenegger-throw a bowie knife in your throat.

Not if i leave a turd on the doorstep xD

Great guide, i really need it.

I'm going to do this right now... i don't want that my poor ssd will have only 384MB of free space :C lol

USB drive's are different compared to a SSD hardware quality wise

Aselwyn1

noooo!!! my only weakness!!

HA eating kryptonite wasn't such a bad idea...

Here you go, http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html

Create symbolic links, junctions, easily, quickly, and without CMD. Right click select pick link source, then right click and select drop as.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

HA eating kryptonite wasn't such a bad idea...

you can do that but it's more fun in command prompt

Aselwyn1

its giving me a error about the symb link is invalid or something like that

Aselwyn1

its giving me a error about the symb link is invalid or something like that

have you moved the folder and are you use that you used command as mklink /D because without /D parameter it is useless 

You can also run a shortcut with these parameters:

-datadir=D:\new\directory

Then it'll use that location instead of the default inside AppData.

Desktop: i9 12900K - 64GB 6000 MHz CL36 - RTX 4090 X3 OC

Unraid server: Ryzen 3900X - 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 - Quadro P2000 - 50+ TB raw