Aerocool Dead Silence Window (White)

45_w.png
back-iso.png
http://www.aerocool.com.tw/chassis/ds/1023.html

General
So I had to grab a case for my build as it was/is still 2 months until the case I want is released so I came across this. In my mind, it's what Bitfenix failed to do; a well built and sturdy case.

Good
What do I like about this case? Aside from it having the features I needed in a relatively small form factor, the structural strength of this is quite incredible. The side panel that hasn't got the window feels strong enough to inflict serious damage to someone. The windowed side is a similar story however I can feel the window itself moving inside its mounts.

Bad
Now this is where this case begins to loose points. With it, I'm using a MSI 760 4GB and a 160mm Silverstone fully modular PSU. It was nearly impossible to connect the power supply cables entirely with the PSU installed. Even after plugging the 24 pin in then installing the PSU, it took me a good 15 minutes of filing to get the other cables in. The lower 3.5" external drive cage also is quite restricting when you're installing graphics cards and thus you need to install the power cables before putting the card into the PCI slot. The window, while nice is done so that you get a nice view of the graphics card with a lovely side of front panel connectors in orange, blue and green. 

For $125 with a window, I'm happy. 

Ohh look! A copy of a Prodigy...

That front will make that fan hungry for air...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Ohh look! A copy of a Prodigy...

That front will make that fans hungry for air...

No the phenom, even aerocool can copy better then you.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

No the phenom, even aerocool can copy better then you.

Inside design started from Prodigy though...

Ministry of StopIt!

Aerocool are coming up in the world, this is always good, its got quite a price tag, the case might be good but Bitfenix has a big reputation and im sure many people will say its a copy and will be againest it.

Also best of all windspeed has a side panel to protect himself when the zombies come.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

How about you create a case, its like saying eg corsair 300d copied every matx case as the motherboard tray is placed in the same postion.

Listen if you care.

hhmm... Something to think about, I've been looking for a Micro ATX case for a while... Was thinking about the Prodigy M but perhaps not ;)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

How about you create a case

If i had a workplace and tools - why not? Next - Never cared about Corsair cases - dunno why. Also you dont need to be soo jumpy. I just stated the fact that inside design is like ones in Prodigy.

Ministry of StopIt!

Why four expansion brackets?

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

It's mATX

hank+hill+bwah+1+.jpg

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

If this case is really make a very small amount of noise, then it's an upgrade from prodigy, not copying them as people said they are.

Even with a massive shed full of tools it's a pain in the rear. Like very big pain.

Also @Windspeed36, would something along the lines of a 150mm PSU fit better? Also is the front HDD cage removable so someone could put a Rad in the front? Plussssss, is that a 2.5 inch drive bay next to the PSU area/under the motherboard or am I seeing things?

I believe there are 2.5" mounts round the back by the PSU however I found it a useful space for cable management. Looking at it, a 150mm PSU would make life easier but even so, it's still tight. With the 3.5" drive cage, they aren't removable however you could drill the rivets out I daresay. There is room in the roof for a 240mm rad. 

this is the same as saying all MMO's are copies of WoW. its just not true. they may have similarities but they are all unique in their own way

Quickly skimmed trough and I am I my phone

What is eh price?

Thanks

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

If i had a workplace and tools - why not? Next - Never cared about Corsair cases - dunno why. Also you dont need to be soo jumpy. I just stated the fact that inside design is like ones in Prodigy.

Im having a few, lets say mental issues at the moment. Try to cut me some slack.

Listen if you care.

show your build bitches luve build 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

It's a wannabe Prodigy, bit I still like it. Looks nice and clean.

EDIT: 1,000th post! I'M A MASTER!!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So @marto - I've had more of a look at the case today and looked at radiator mounts. If you drill out and cut out the front 3.5" drive cage and just use the 2.5" drives and then modify the front panel, you could fit 2 240's in. You would have some tight runs though and you'd have to get creative with the res choice. 

Thanks for the review Windspeed, also keen to see some pics ^_^

No one have them in store yet to tinker with so if its cool just a few quick Qns:

Do you think a 280 would fit in the top (it would be about 4cm longer * 2cm wider than 240) with140mm fans above it (on the outside beneath the grill). Going off only the pictures it looks like the Top front fan slot between the I/O might be too tight for a 140 :(

As Ookami mentioned - does much air get in through the front slits? Just worried about a poor rad sitting there.

Lastly, if the bottom SSD cage is yanked out - do you imagine a HDD could be squeezed into that space - albeit on an angle?

Cheers mate.

I've had a look at the top and it appears that there are 140mm fan mounts. You'll fit the fans under the grill without issue. :)

I very much doubt you'll fit a 3.5" drive in the 2.5" area though. 

Imagining soo many mods!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

OK OK! Damn its not like bitfenix has a patent on mitx/atx cases.

Its nice to see variety and expansion the m itx/atx market. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

• 2 months later...

-snip-

So I had to grab a case for my build as it was/is still 2 months until the case I want is released

What case do you want/have bought now ?! O.o

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?