Beema & Mullins AMD APUs Bring Over 2X Performance/Watt.

apu13_01.png

Beema & Mullins are the next generation of low power APUs from AMD, succeeding Kabini & Temash.
These APUs are based on the enhanced Jaguar core code named Puma & bring more than a 2X performance/W improvement over Jaguar.
Both APU lines are based on the exact same 28nm process as Kabini & Temash so all of the performance/W improvements are architectural rather than manufacturing process based like they usually are, this means that they can be added to future architectures as well.
These APUs will be coming in the first half of next year to ultra-thin notebooks and tablets.

To put this performance improvement into perspective, a doubling of performance puts Puma at the same level of performance as AMD's Piledriver architecture in the Vishera & Trinity line of CPUs/APUs, this brings desktop level of performance to an ultra-thin notebook.

apu13_02.png

Source

this is interesting :D maybe Mullins-based Android phones in the future? That'd be pretty fun to develop for

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

CtQ53Us.jpg

oh well

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

it kinda does but rather not create a thread on it its all the same subject. to bad steamroller looks hot, will be upgrading next year heres hoping intel release 6 core boradwell on 1150 just to make it better

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

i think I would still take an i7 mobile and discreet graphics over an APU. but is a good low cost option if I needed it.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

well the AMD APU's GPU portion is significantly better than any of the intel solutions but intel will catch up soon

QQ Why AMD, why? *in reference to no FX steamroller in 2014*

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

This slide deserves a thread of its own, this confirms once and for all that Steamroller is not coming to FX CPUs.

Read: Roadmap subject to change in bottom right hand corner. They have done it before, it could happen again. Im not sure it would be in their best interest to rain on their own kaveri, kabini, beema and Mullins parade with a graphic of an incoming steamroller in 2014.  

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

This sounds promising. Hopefully its not delayed like Kabini was :(

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

CtQ53Us.jpg

oh well

At least they are not abondoning the Performance segment. This could mean they might just skip on Steamroller and go straight to excavator for FX Chips. Though you never know, it's subject to change and we might see some new FX chips next year :D

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

they would know if 8 core chips would be close to being done before the end of next year. it not being on there means 2015 @ earliest if EVER

Isn't a "Mulllins" what you call out when you have failed at something so bad you want to start again from scratch?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Isn't a "Mulllins" what you call out when you have failed at something so bad you want to start again from scratch?

you mean Mulligan?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

you mean Mulligan?

maybe, I'm culturally challenged. :lol:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

To put this into perspective, 2X performance improvement puts Puma at the same level of performance as Piledriver,

But what they said was 2X performance per watt. Not 2X raw performance.

At some point obviously AMD needs to create APUs faster than the FX chips, like Intel does. I just don't think AMD is there yet. Hope i'm wrong.

But what they said was 2X performance per watt. Not 2X raw performance.

At some point obviously AMD needs to create APUs faster than the FX chips, like Intel does. I just don't think AMD is there yet. Hope i'm wrong.

If you look closely at the roadmap you will see that the maximum TDP for Beema & Kabini are the same at 25W, this means that the flagship Beema APU will be twice as powerful as the flagship Kabini APU, this puts it at the same performance level of the A10 6800K which is AMD's flagship APU.

The current Kabini flagship is already slighlty faster than AMD's A6 6400K which is a dual core version of the 6800K.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A6-6400K+APU

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A6-5200+APU

awesome

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Now if only Apple supported them then we could have budget hackintosh's....

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |