Difference between ASUS MX239H and MX239HR?

HexaGuy

Hi guys, so while I was looking for a monitor, I stumbled across this little oddity:

In the ASUS website, there are two versions of the MX239H, one with an R, and one without. With: http://www.asus.com/au/Monitors_Projectors/MX239HR       Without: http://www.asus.com/au/Monitors_Projectors/MX239H/

The item descriptions are identical, and after searching around on the internet, I haven't found an answer. I hope you guys can find it ;P

Thanks

HG

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

The R likely stands for "revision". My guess though...

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

the R uses 22w while the non R uses 33w 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Hey mate, I'm thinking about getting the MX239H, There seems to be a fair amount of people complaining about the MX239H and the MX279H, I don't know what their real problems are. One guy complained that his MX239H had a yellow tint. I didn't read much into the rest of the comments, overal though most people were impressed with it. From what I can gather from your comment is that you've had non of these problems and find, as you say, awesome. I'm wondering whether or not to take the plunge and get the MX239H.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Hey mate, I'm thinking about getting the MX239H, There seems to be a fair amount of people complaining about the MX239H and the MX279H, I don't know what their real problems are. One guy complained that his MX239H had a yellow tint. I didn't read much into the rest of the comments, overal though most people were impressed with it. From what I can gather from your comment is that you've had non of these problems and find, as you say, awesome. I'm wondering whether or not to take the plunge and get the MX239H.

From every other monitor you will use its does look different, i thought the colours were over saturated in some games (could understand the yellow), but they have like 6 settings plus creating your own and play with them. I found the one i prefer (theater) and it by far has the best colours i have seen. Everything is touch, no buttons and a generally nicely built monitor with thin boarders which is great if you wanted more then 1 in the future...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

From every other monitor you will use its does look different, i thought the colours were over saturated in some games (could understand the yellow), but they have like 6 settings plus creating your own and play with them. I found the one i prefer (theater) and it by far has the best colours i have seen. Everything is touch, no buttons and a generally nicely built monitor with thin boarders which is great if you wanted more then 1 in the future...

Ah Okay. In relation to the OSD controls, are they really THAT sensitive? I've used touch sensitive controls before and found them okay.

Ah Okay. In relation to the OSD controls, are they really THAT sensitive? I've used touch sensitive controls before and found them okay.

They are pretty sensitive but if you brush it they don't pick up, actually need to place your finger on it...if thats what you are asking, to be honest i didn't know that it had that until i bought it :L

They are pretty sensitive but if you brush it they don't pick up, actually need to place your finger on it...if that's what you are asking, to be honest i didn't know that it had that until i bought it :L

Yeah that's what I'm asking, okay so they aren't AS ridiculously sensitive as others are making out. I only ask because several people have commented that they would go to get something and accidentally brush passed the buttons and they would activate. You know what's a tad annoying though, I'm kind of worried about taking the plunge and purchasing it because of the several problems reported, I'm very seriously thinking about going with the safe option which is the Dell P2314H AH-IPS monitor. It's selling at a RRP on the Dell Australia site for $279.

Yeah that's what I'm asking, okay so they aren't AS ridiculously sensitive as others are making out. I only ask because several people have commented that they would go to get something and accidentally brush passed the buttons and they would activate. You know what's a tad annoying though, I'm kind of worried about taking the plunge and purchasing it because of the several problems reported, I'm very seriously thinking about going with the safe option which is the Dell P2314H AH-IPS monitor. It's selling at a RRP on the Dell Australia site for $279.

They aren't that sensitive and they are under the monitor, unless your a gorilla i dont see how they did that, its a great screen and i havent had any issues with it. 

They aren't that sensitive and they are under the monitor, unless your a gorilla i dont see how they did that, its a great screen and i havent had any issues with it. 

Hmm, okay, well that's good. Have you managed to calibrate the monitor, or you didn't feel that it needed it?

Oh! one other thing, apparently there's an ICC profile you can download from the ASUS website to fix any colour issues. Apparently it's recommended and puts the monitor in it's correct colour profile or something.

Hmm, okay, well that's good. Have you managed to calibrate the monitor, or you didn't feel that it needed it?

Oh! one other thing, apparently there's an ICC profile you can download from the ASUS website to fix any colour issues. Apparently it's recommended and puts the monitor in it's correct colour profile or something.

To be honest i haven't played around with it much, plugged it in, changed a few colour setting and have used it since then haha

I personally haven't found the need to change it too much 

The descriptions aren't quite identical 11 less watts for the R and is has "Slim Design : Yes" I would expect to pay a premium for that!

• 10 months later...

No other differences? Which to buy?

The descriptions aren't quite identical 11 less watts for the R and is has "Slim Design : Yes" I would expect to pay a premium for that!

No other differences? Which to buy?