Android 4.4 KitKat comes with a deep, non-destructive photo editor (video)

Youbetternot

Wow ok after I watched that video, my thoughts are that is one awesome photo editor. There is alot of features and new things I have only seen on programs on windows. Pretty awesome stuff.

android-kitkat-photo-editor.jpg

Google revealed many things about Android 4.4 KitKat on the software's launch day, but it glossed over one of the sweetest treats for shutterbugs: a much more advanced photo editor. As the company's Nicolas Roard demonstrates, creatives can now apply effects, filters and adjustments at very precise levels, down to specific color channels and regions. Mobile artists can create presets, and every change is non-destructive -- it takes just a a couple of taps to revert to the original image. 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

That's pretty sick. As a photographer, I'd probably use it. Though I wish they offered a RAW photo option instead of just JPEG.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Will this come to every device with 4.4? Like the nexus 4? The demonstration was on a Nexus 7, so i hope they won't deliver a stripped down version only for phones.

who cares...

Will this come to every device with 4.4? Like the nexus 4? The demonstration was on a Nexus 7, so i hope they won't deliver a stripped down version only for phones.

agreed D:

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

That's pretty sick. As a photographer, I'd probably use it. Though I wish they offered a RAW photo option instead of just JPEG.

Why... ? For use with the phone's camera's photos? I don't think the camera's spec justifies RAW.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Why... ? For use with the phone's camera's photos? I don't think the camera's spec justifies RAW.

Because you'd get better image quality in a compact device. By making it use JPEG you're basically purposely lowering your image quality for storage space.

If you have the option to shoot RAW you can edit in post, making the photos better unlike with JPEG where you can't.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

This photo editor is not bad. This has many features that photoshop touch has and it is great as it allows you to restore your original picture without having to create a duplicate one.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer