Resolution vs Detail vs Smoothness Poll

LOST TALE

Answer implying the following:

-Detail level, resolution+AA, Smoothness are at acceptable levels ( where it doesnt annoy you )

these 2 preferences may help you decide:

-What would you lower first to get better detail/res/smoothness?

-What would you increase as a priority, if you had left over performance?

Smoothness: this includes framerate, image delay + less tearing and sluttering

Resolution: Resolution+ AA (the way the image is rendered)

Detail: Effects, Textures, Shadows, Ambient occlusion , Terrain decoration,...ETC

If a mod passes by, please forward it to someone of higher ranks until it reaches the web designers so we can have ponderation option for polls, It would make this much simpler

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

1.  1.Smoothness 2.Resolution 3.Smoothness
  2.  1.Smoothness 2.Smoothness 3. Resolution
  3.  1.Resolution 2.Smoothness 3. Resolution
  4.  1.Resolution 2.Resolution 3. Smoothness

YEP

1.  1.Smoothness 2.Resolution 3.Smoothness
  2.  1.Smoothness 2.Smoothness 3. Resolution
  3.  1.Resolution 2.Smoothness 3. Resolution
  4.  1.Resolution 2.Resolution 3. Smoothness

I noticed LOL

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Sometime when I word, I forget that letters words, and sentences.

lowering the res would reduce the detail of the image

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Sometime when I word, I forget that letters words, and sentences.

lowering the res would reduce the detail of the image

hold on I will calrify on the post

I would make sure it runs at 60fps first, then if it got over that I would put it to 1080p and after that I would crank up the details.

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

The first thing to go is always AA, and resolution last.

Linus would say the other way arround. Accoridng to what I understood from him, increasing resolution is better performance/quality wise

though in battlefield I would doubt that with the AA being so OP

Linus would say the other way arround. Accoridng to what I understood from him, increasing resolution is better performance/quality wise

though in battlefield I would doubt that with the AA being so OP

Linus is saying exactly what I am...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I am stuck in between option 3 and 4

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

if you change the res, it looks like crap no mater what else you do

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Run it in 1080p, then adjust the settings so that it runs at a stable 60fps :)

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Run it in 1080p, then adjust the settings so that it runs at a stable 60fps :)

that would be ? RES, FPS, Detail?

but what would you pick between:

-below 1080p

-below 60 fps

that would be ? RES, FPS, Detail?

but what would you pick between:

-below 1080p

-below 60 fps

I honestly don't know. I would rather have 1080p 30fps than 720p 60fps, but I would also rather have 1080p 60fps than 1440p 30fps. I guess both are equally important for me.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

I don't get those choosing res over smoothness. If your play is staggered what fun is it when you can't even play properly...?

I don't get those choosing res over smoothness. If your play is staggered what fun is it when you can't even play properly...?

''Smoothness are at acceptable levels ( where it doesnt annoy you )''

Maybe you would understand if you read.

I put everyone on to ask themsleves from the same personal point of view.

But some people fail.

I honestly don't know. I would rather have 1080p 30fps than 720p 60fps, but I would also rather have 1080p 60fps than 1440p 30fps. I guess both are equally important for me.

What would be the bare minimum resolution and framerate you would accept? (2 seperate answers)

''Smoothness are at acceptable levels ( where it doesnt annoy you )''

Maybe you would understand if you read.

I put everyone on to ask themsleves from the same personal point of view.

But some people fail.

Thx for reminding me I misread in a nice way.

Edit : Although I wonder whats the point of having smoothness if its at a default level where it doesn't annoy anyone ... more smoothness when its already smooth?

I like smoothness, then detail, then resolution. I played games at 15-20 FPS for so long, I refuse to play below 25. San Andreas on my netbook is a different story, since I like it so much.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

What would be the bare minimum resolution and framerate you would accept? (2 seperate answers)

The minimum framerate would have to be a stable 30fps. If my game frequently dropped below that, I would have to do something about it. However, I would rather have low-medium settings at 60fps than having high-ultra settings at 30fps.

The minimum resolution I would play at is 720p, but if I didn't have a very powerful GPU, I would lower the settings to try to play at 1080p as much as possible. Fortunately I have a decent card, the 660 Ti, paired with a 2600k. No need to explain why I have an i7 and not an i5. :)

Thx for reminding me I misread in a nice way.

Edit : Although I wonder whats the point of having smoothness if its at a default level where it doesn't annoy anyone ... more smoothness when its already smooth?

http://images.cl1mh4224rd.com/15-30-60-fps.gif

Even if your eyes/brain could only see X number of images.

you must understand that following an image with the middle of your eye ( not middle but the high res part) is much easier if it doesnt have to teleport 60 times on the screen ( 60 fps ). the faste rit moves the more framerate will benefit.

In real life you can follow a poll (and focus it clearly ) at 100km/h on the autoroute because its IRL and the poll is not teleporting, so it aint that hard.