How long was your longest gaming session?

pewpewmerica

oh god. syphon filter 2 was too much damn fun! :)

Careful, it was on a console, you don't want the PC Gamerz Ar Bests!!!!! crowd on your tails.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

Careful, it was on a console, you don't want the PC Gamerz Ar Bests!!!!! crowd on your tails.

Bring it on!

I had so much fun with this game that i'll actually defend it :)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Bring it on!

I had so much fun with this game that i'll actually defend it :)

Hells yeah!

I am infinitely amused by the console snobbery some PC gamers have. The idea that a game isn't worth their time if it's on a console ("why no halo ports and puuuullllleeeeeeeaaaaase can we get a version of GTA V? Please? I beg of you!"). All smacks of the old days of 12 year olds saying a game is crap just because it's on the Sega Mega Drive.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

Hells yeah!

I am infinitely amused by the console snobbery some PC gamers have. The idea that a game isn't worth their time if it's on a console ("why no halo ports and puuuullllleeeeeeeaaaaase can we get a version of GTA V? Please? I beg of you!"). All smacks of the old days of 12 year olds saying a game is crap just because it's on the Sega Mega Drive.

Games are fun no matter the system :) Strangely enough i've been playing less games since i built my pc :(

And halo on xbox is hillarious when you're drunk and playing with friends.

Also Why did you have to bring up the sega mega drive!? now i feel a extreme urge to dig mine out of storage and play some terminator :P

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just last week i did 50 hours worth of FF XIV ARR non-stop. just bathroom, shower, and food breaks. and on the few occassions my phone rang it was work asking me questions and i often answered them like i was answering NPC questions :P jeez i copped some crap for that today at work.

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

Games are fun no matter the system :) Strangely enough i've been playing less games since i built my pc :(

And halo on xbox is hillarious when you're drunk and playing with friends.

Also Why did you have to bring up the sega mega drive!? now i feel a extreme urge to dig mine out of storage and play some terminator :P

What you want is the Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV pad and a decent emulator. It's like those days are back. 

Stuff I try to use;

6 hours on zork.

(2 hours to figure out how to play the game

3 hours walking around that damn house

Progress for 1hour then decided to rage quit )

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

• 3 weeks later...

About 7-8 hours when i first played Minecraft FTB. I could have gone longer but playing at lowest settings @15fps is hard :(

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

Haha, Me and a friend loves Anno 1404, and we play it often together. There's this advisor that pops up every 2 hours to say something like "You've been playing for 2 hours straight, go get a coffee!" and gradually it gets more serious. "You have played 8 hours in a row, maybe time for a nap?". We always joked about him and that he would completely go nuts as an easter egg "YOU'VE PLAYED FOR 12 HOURS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? GO TO BED FFS!".

Yes, we played Anno 1404 for 12 hours straight, over the entire evening, night and following morning. Sadly the advisor kept formal and boring. Longest coop session for sure, and I can not recall any longer personally.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | MB: Asus P8Z77-V PRO | GPU: x1 Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 (2GB) | CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k | RAM: 32GB 8x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | PSU: Corsair TX 750W | Sound Card: Sound Blaster Zx | SSD: Intel 520 Series 180GB (Boot & Windows) | HDD: WD Green 2TB (Steam), Samsung HD501LJ 500GB (Storage), External Seagate 500 GB (Storage) External WD 1TB (Storage) | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | MonitorLG IPS 24" 1080p | Keyboard: CMStorm Quickfire TK Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50 | Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II, Roth Oli POWA-5 Black | Microphone: Samson Q1U | Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Sapphire Black (32GB) | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" (32GB) | Notebook: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E540 | Steam: 4500+ Games

Steam | Twitter | Twitch

Around 12 to 14 hours i think... felt pretty crazy after that so i doubt i'll be going any much longer :/

92 hours, my friend Ryan and I played Mech Assault 2's grinder mode splitscreen non-stop(not counting bathroom breaks and quick runs to the kitchen for food/drinks). We initially set out to beat out previous records in grinder mode but every time we set a new one we said "we can beat that" eventually we got to the point where we were sitting on nearly 1k kills each and then we passed out and slept for 2 days straight.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

repost

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Around 70 hours (ok it was not constant, but with breif pauses hour or two for a nap or eating, cleaning etc.) at age of 14 or something, on Playstation 1, my friend and I was awake 3 days with few hours of sleep (not recommended). After that everything looks so slow, walking around, even the fact that it was a cloudy day didn't helped for eyes to be extremely sensitive, and head pain from light. Seriously, never do that.

92 hours, my friend Ryan and I played Mech Assault 2's grinder mode splitscreen non-stop(not counting bathroom breaks and quick runs to the kitchen for food/drinks). We initially set out to beat out previous records in grinder mode but every time we set a new one we said "we can beat that" eventually we got to the point where we were sitting on nearly 1k kills each and then we passed out and slept for 2 days straight.

Did you experienced "slow mode" effect? :) That was crazy!

About 34 hours or so playing Sonic Adventure 2: Battle when I was younger. That game used to be my life. :D

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Did you experienced "slow mode" effect? :) That was crazy!

Not really, we were jumped up on so much Nos and sugar that we should have been dead. Then again it's all a haze after so many years, it was shitloads of fun though.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Thanksgiving break, playing Castlevania 3 on the NES. I dunno how long it took me, but I slept for about 16 hours when I was done.

I played World of Warcraft for 22 hours straight when I was 16, those were the days when I actually had serious free time.

The Workstation – Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 WS | CPU: Intel i7-4930k @ 4GHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked | RAM: 32GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz | Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, 3TB WD Green  | PSU: Corsair AX760i

The Server – Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M | CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.0GHz | RAM: 4GB 1333MHz | Case: Silverstone PS08

The iMac – CPU: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Radeon HD 6970M 2GB | RAM: 16GB 1600MHz | Storage: Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM

6 - 8 hours, Doom 3 and Half-Life 2, like 2 years ago.

Now I can't play as much as I want, these days I only play like 2 - 3  hours while I attempt to mod GRID, and try to finish 2 3D models I've abandoned a year ago and still can't finish, lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.