Is this normal for Netflix?

WereCat

Netflix just arrived in my country and they offered me one free month for try so I went and almost puked when I saw the video quality.

I activated the Premium plan which is supposedly Ultra HD and I went into Playback settings and set it to High and the quality of the video is not even as good as 720p on YouTube. What the hell? I tried increasing bitrate with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S but nothing changed. I tried in Edge and in Opera... I cant try Netflix app because it is not available in Windows Store for whatever reason.

Netflix just arrived in my country and they offered me one free month for try so I went and almost puked when I saw the video quality.

I activated the Premium plan which is supposedly Ultra HD and I went into Playback settings and set it to High and the quality of the video is not even as good as 720p on YouTube. What the hell? I tried increasing bitrate with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S but nothing changed. I tried in Edge and in Opera... I cant try Netflix app because it is not available in Windows Store for whatever reason.

It will automatically adjust quality down if your internet speed is not good enough. How is your connection?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

nope, the quality is great for me in the US, whats your internet connection? 

It will automatically adjust quality down if your internet speed is not good enough. How is your connection?

100/10 so I doubt it is my connection. I can watch 4k YouTube in 60FPS no problem.

100/10 so I doubt it is my connection. I can watch 4k YouTube in 60FPS no problem.

oh, yeah that should be more than enough... hm...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

If it has just got launched in your country, Netfilix could be having high server traffic or could be temporarily limiting quality.

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

If it has just got launched in your country, Netfilix could be having high server traffic or could be temporarily limiting quality.

May be the possibility.

By the way this is the quality I am getting.

Pixels.. pixels everywhere!

Nc4yXuf.jpg?1

Try to use the Netflix app from the windows 10 store, for me it has better video quality compared to chrome and firefox :o

As I said ... when I go to Windows Store and find the Netflix app it says "Netflix is not available".

If it just launched they might still be populating a local server with content and they're doing the low-quality encodings first.

Or they simply haven't fully rolled out their servers to deal with your country and don't want to be bandwidth constrained.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

If it just launched they might still be populating a local server with content and they're doing the low-quality encodings first.

Or they simply haven't fully rolled out their servers to deal with your country and don't want to be bandwidth constrained.

Exactly.

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too