Oppo releases countdown teaser and a teaser video for the N1, September 23 launch confirmed

I don't think the first part of the story was posted so I'll post both here.

Oppo N1 cameraphone will be unveiled in Beijing, China on September 23. On August 27 they posted this countdown on their website (http://en.oppo.com/n1/)

gsmarena_001.jpg

We already know the Oppo N1 will feature a 12MP camera with N-lens and a dedicated Owl chip, plus a xenon flash. And while that is definitely impressive Oppo has decided it’s not enough. So it made the N1 rear panel touch-sensitive for easier one-hand operation. (click here for more information about the rear touch panel). It also has a rumoured cost of $480 off contract.

Here's a possible leaked picture of the phone, it looks really good in my opinion.

gsmarena_001.jpg

4 days later and the first countdown is over with the second one started with 3:16 days left as of writing this (check link above).

The following teaser video was released on the same page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HBgiGjSE0J0

It's a very early teaser video and doesn't really reveal anything significant about the camera phone. It simply shows off an ISO chart and a possible reference to the previously teased rear touch panel.

It is obvious that the whole focus of the phone is the camera, let's hope the rest of the phone is just as good and Oppo should have a real competitor against other flagships, at least as far as the enthusiast market is concerned

Source: http://en.oppo.com/n1/

Via: http://blog.gsmarena.com/oppo-releases-coundrown-teaser-of-n1-something-wonderful-coming-up-in-4-days/

http://www.gsmarena.com/upcoming_oppo_n1_leaks_though_new_images-news-6642.php

http://blog.gsmarena.com/oppo-n1s-rear-panel-touch-details-revealed/

http://blog.gsmarena.com/oppo-n1-teaser-video-is-out-shows-a-glimpse-of-test-chart-samples-to-convey-its-great-camera/

Looks amazing.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

That's a pretty sexy phone, what is the screen size?

The screen size has not yet been revealed but I'm guessing that's a 5" display like the Find 5, its predecessor.

Its a smartphone.

Like every other smartphone.

It's not special.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Its a smartphone.

It's not special.

But it's beautiful!

HTC one still looks better. :P

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Its a smartphone.

It's not special.

Your PC is a PC

just like every other PC

it's not special

That doesn't mean you're not allowed to be interested in it.

Your PC is a PC

just like every other PC

it's not special

I have a general hatred of smartphone and the culture they promote.

So yeh....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Your PC is a PC

just like every other PC

it's not special

Would you consider it special if it had quad titans? :P

Would you consider it special if it had quad titans? :P

Well it's still a PC...

I have a general hatred of smartphone and the culture they promote.

So yeh....

I get what you mean but a bit of tolerance and respect for the people who do like smartphones and the technology involved would be appreciated.

i wonder if they will have a non cellular version. for media consumption and maybe pack it with an even better camera

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

i wonder if they will have a non cellular version. for media consumption and maybe pack it with an even better camera

I have my doubts, it's not like they're going to the extent Samsung went with their android cameras, with big sensors, lenses and optical zoom and a shape like a camera body.

I have my doubts, it's not like they're going to the extent Samsung went with their android cameras, with big sensors, lenses and optical zoom and a shape like a camera body.

ya. i kinda hope they did though. with all the efforts going into the camera on a PHONE i can only imagine the detail that would be present on a dedicated pocket shooter. i would buy one

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

ya. i kinda hope they did though. with all the efforts going into the camera on a PHONE i can only imagine the detail that would be present on a dedicated pocket shooter. i would buy one

Yeah, I doubt they'd be able to risk throwing the kind of budget that Samsung can afford to throw into a new type of device which is not already popular. Maybe next year if android cameras become more common place?

nice trailer way to tell people what is coming out if I didn't read the other thread posts I would have never known what it was

Console gamers, behind PC gamers by ten years since 2000