Custom Cable Sleeving: How did I do?

iamdarkyoshi

This is a huge pain in the ass... But I think I have discovered a technique that does not use heatshrink, yet holds the sleeving tightly. 550 paracord from a military surplus store. I will do a full update on my main rig build log after I complete all the other connectors...

post-128204-0-13921300-1450309384_thumb.

Looks good

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

heatshrinkless > heatshrink, nice job

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

I actually like the heatshrink if it's nicely done.

But that looks very nice nevertheless

This is a huge pain in the ass... But I think I have discovered a technique that does not use heatshrink, yet holds the sleeving tightly. 550 paracord from a military surplus store. I will do a full update on my main rig build log after I complete all the other connectors...

attachicon.gifIMG_20151216_153909.jpg

looks good,

want a how too :0

should swap out ur res tho, looks dirty

How you do it without heatshrink?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

How you do it without heatshrink?

For paracord it's a bit easier but you melt the end and taper it onto the crimp terminal itself by using your finger to press down the molten plastic to where holds itself in place. Using a wet sponge to dip your fingers is a good idea to save your fingertips:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods-new-updates/

@10:00

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUIPuGU1AZU-

For paracord it's a bit easier but you melt the end and taper it onto the crimp terminal itself by using your finger to press down the molten plastic to where holds itself in place. Using a wet sponge to dip your fingers is a good idea to save your fingertips:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods-new-updates/

@10:00

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUIPuGU1AZU-

I just put hot glue in the end of the paracord and reheat it with my heat gun. Inb4 system heat pops every cable out

I just put hot glue in the end of the paracord and reheat it with my heat gun. Inb4 system heat pops every cable out

I'm pretty sure it would be a lot hotter to melt the glue but that's a new method, seems to work very well.  :)

I personally use a drop of super glue on sleeving just to give me that extra reassurance especially for heatshrink style since there isn't much holding it.

I'm pretty sure it would be a lot hotter to melt the glue but that's a new method, seems to work very well.  :)

I personally use a drop of super glue on sleeving just to give me that extra reassurance especially for heatshrink style since there isn't much holding it.

I do like the hot snot method because I can remove it if I have to