Dell Inspiron 580 CPU Upgrade

Before I start going on about my PC, I may not actually upgrade. I am just seeking guidance if I decide to spend the x amount of dollars on an i5 or something. Ok, so I currently have a Dell Inspiron 580 (here [mine is one of the custom ones, with an i3 530, one dvd drive, 6gb 1333Mhz ram, one ~600gb 3.5 inch hard drive, came with a GeForce 310, came with a 300 watt PSU, no wireless] and I installed an nvidia geforce gtx 750 ti ftw as well as a thermaltake tr2 430 watt psu) and as you can tell from the title, I am looking into upgrading the cpu. I know that it has a socket LGA 1156 and I've heard rumors about it only supporting up to a i5, but no specific model (if 'model' is the correct word). I thought, "Hmm, so if my computer has an LGA 1156 socket, I could just find any CPU with an LGA 1156 and shove er in the pc (specifically this one)." I couldn't find anything on dell's website on the CPU upgrade, so if anyone knows anything, please reply.

NOTE: I attached the specs pdf on to this.

inspiron-580_user's guide_en-us.pdf

Ewww, a 310.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313