win 10 toolbar bug

MisterWhite

http://i.imgur.com/Fcs898T.png

So opening the search or pressing skype, mozila etc. works. Start does not work, only with RMB and all right icons as well. This crap occurs only on my user other 2 are working normaly. Any suggestions?

i5-4690k, R9 380 4gb, 8gb-1600MHz ram, corsair vs 550w, astrock h97m anniversary.

downloading classic shell would maybe solve the problem, you can change the theme with it too

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

downloading classic shell would maybe solve the problem, you can change the theme with it too

"you fix it by changing to a 3rd party start menu"

all the love for classic start aside, some people dont use it.

cmd as administrator

sfc /scannow

did that, no probelems

i5-4690k, R9 380 4gb, 8gb-1600MHz ram, corsair vs 550w, astrock h97m anniversary.

"you fix it by changing to a 3rd party start menu"

all the love for classic start aside, some people dont use it.

im pretty sure you can just re-enable the original startmenu (atleast you could do that in win7) so that it looks just as it used to, although it does increase startuptimes

MisterWhite, on 27 Nov 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

http://i.imgur.com/Fcs898T.png

So opening the search or pressing skype, mozila etc. works. Start does not work, only with RMB and all right icons as well. This crap occurs only on my user other 2 are working normaly. Any suggestions?

Delete the user, then recreate it.  Alternatively, I'd reinstall Windows.  Obviously something has went wrong.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

This is a fairly common occurrence in Windows 10 and Microsoft really needs to fix it. Restarting explorer.exe or just restarting the computer should offer a temporary fix. Reinstalling Windows 10 is another option which is more likely to prevent this problem from happening again, but no guarantees. Also, make sure that your PC is fully up to date with the latest Windows updates. 

im pretty sure you can just re-enable the original startmenu (atleast you could do that in win7) so that it looks just as it used to, although it does increase startuptimes

Except you're not telling him how to fix the issue, but how to ignore it.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Except you're not telling him how to fix the issue, but how to ignore it.

I just said it so that if noone else came up with an answer, atleast he would one way to fix it

And the problem is fixed if he is not affected by it anymore, i was giving him a workaround of the issue