How to export a video with a transparent layer in adobe media encoder?

Aytex

I did AVI and it works, BUT its frekaing 3 gigs for a 10 second clip, wtf and i need to send this to somone over le internet and my speed isn't the greatest

is there a certain format that supports transparency in AME

Why not make the stuff that needs to be transparant bright green so the other person can chroma key it?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You can't really make a video transparent, not like a PNG photo with a transparent layer.  If you put a transparent layer in a video, the transparent part will be black unless there is something else behind it.

Think of video as something that exists in "space", and in space we know that empty parts are black.

As for 10 seconds being over 3GB... what bit rate and codec are you using?  Are you exporting as RAW or Lossless?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

You can't really make a video transparent, not like a PNG photo with a transparent layer.  If you put a transparent layer in a video, the transparent part will be black unless there is something else behind it.

Think of video as something that exists in "space", and in space we know that empty parts are black.

As for 10 seconds being over 3GB... what bit rate and codec are you using?  Are you exporting as RAW or Lossless?

lossless

lossless

No wonder your file size is large.  Unless you're planning to use the file as a "master" for other edits or productions, don't render out lossless.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

No wonder your file size is large.  Unless you're planning to use the file as a "master" for other edits or productions, don't render out lossless.

lol, i used the green screen and ultra key'd it in premire pro and it seems to work, thanks

Why not make the stuff that needs to be transparant bright green so the other person can chroma key it?

lol, i used the green screen and ultra key'd it in premire pro and it seems to work, thanks

Becareful with using green/blue screen chroma keying.  There are times when you shouldn't use them.  For example, if you are shooting a video and you want to superimpose some flame or explosion effects it is better to key in the effects using an alpha channel.

https://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=71%26section=6%26tasks=true

Becareful with using green/blue screen chroma keying.  There are times when you shouldn't use them.  For example, if you are shooting a video and you want to superimpose some flame or explosion effects it is better to key in the effects using an alpha channel.

https://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=71%26section=6%26tasks=true

its just a simple logo in black with a green screen that scales down

nothing too explosive lol

de71d25cae63e512c0f0c225fa5a1f1e.png