Nvidia Tablet: Any thing fun I can do with 5 dead Shields?

AndersT2

I have 5 dead Nvidia Shield Tablets, recalled units. (Use them at work)

Since Nvidia said to throw it away, not send it back to them as I saw it was in the US.

I cept them to have a look inside. And thought there might be anybody with a great idea for something I could do with them.

I already opened and trashed one of them.

Theres only two things I could see that I could use. Collect all the magnets, there is about 10-14 of them in every unit.

And the speakers are standalone units, so they are easy to take out, and there is only two connections on them + and -, so they might work in a tiny boom box, or maybe make a micro surround sound setup.

I guess there is no way to make them work as tablets again. (One of them the update is run yet)

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

Destroy one with a sledgehammer. And post it on youtube for us to see :D

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

Can you do something with screens maybe? Also, what about batteries? Provided you make a proper (dis)charge controller, five of them could make a decent powerbank (5x5000 mAh).

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

+1 to the batteries.

may as well hang on to the screens, but i'd suggest keeping the screens in the tablet casing, and keeping the tablet casing intact.

if you ever manage to hit up a display controller that works with them, you dont have to frankenstein a casing for them. (or sell them on ebay for people who like to repair their beloved friends that have had intercourse with bricks)

Since Nvidia said to throw it away, not send it back to them as I saw it was in the US.

I cept them to have a look inside. And thought there might be anybody with a great idea for something I could do with them.

Theres only two things I could see that I could use. Collect all the magnets, there is about 10-14 of them in every unit.

And the speakers are standalone units, so they are easy to take out, and there is only two connections on them + and -, so they might work in a tiny boom box, or maybe make a micro surround sound setup.

I guess there is no way to make them work as tablets again. (One of them the update is run yet)

give one to me ? 

I ocould use a screen >.>

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Use a Raspberry Pi, one of the screens, a battery (or two), and all of the speakers to make a mobile surround sound/movie watching system.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

raspberry pi and a screen make a great portable mini-computer (make a wooden case or something and add a keyboard so it becomes a netbook?? there are YT videos on it) and the batteries can be used well...as batteries for the machine. amazing stuff what you have to work with, buddy!! make good use of it!!

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura