Looking to upgrade my computer.

hedghehog

I'm looking to upgrade my pc of 2 years but we're do I start? What would give me the biggest boost in performance? I have a budget of ~$250

Here are my parts (yes I know it could be better!):

Kingston ValueRam 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory KVR16N11/8
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 1GB Video Card
Western Digital WD5000AAKX WD 500GB Blue 3.5” 7200RPM SATA3 Hard Drive
Corsair VS Series 550W Power Supply
Arctic Cooling Arctic F8 Pro 80mm Case Fan
AOC E2260SWDN 21.5" 5ms Full HD LED Monitor (Does this matter?)
Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 V3.0 Motherboard

UPDATE: CPU: fm2 6400

What CPU? and follow your topic

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I'm looking to upgrade my pc of 2 years but we're do I start? What would give me the biggest boost in performance? I have a budget of ~$250

you didnt include your cpu?

Gigabyte X570 UD

Ryzen 5 5600x

16GB 3200mhz ram

Asus TUF Rx5700XT

600w PSU

256GB NVME boot drive

1tb sata ssd game drive

2tb mechanical storage drive

Logitech G815 Tactile

Logitech G502

AudioTechnica ATH-G1WL

LG B9 OLED

what is your CPU?

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

Follow your own topic (upper right button, above the reply to this topic button). What is your CPU? A new CPU may be a good idea. You have an A10, A8 or A6 I'm guessing.

Depending on how good your APU is, I'd say upgrade your graphics card. If you need a cheaper one I'd suggest a used one. You can get a good card that is used. Just make sure it works before hand or that you can get your money back.

Follow your own topic (upper right button, above the reply to this topic button). What is your CPU? A new CPU may be a good idea. You have an A10, A8 or A6 I'm guessing.

Depending on how good your APU is, I'd say upgrade your graphics card. If you need a cheaper one I'd suggest a used one. You can get a good card that is used. Just make sure it works before hand or that you can get your money back.

I have a 2nd hand cpu. Ill look it up. But if u ignore the cpu what would the next choice be?

I have a 2nd hand cpu. Ill look it up. But if u ignore the cpu what would the next choice be?

2 things. Get a SSD and upgrade your graphics card. If you can only do one, it depends on what you would rather have. Much better performance in games or having Windows become much quicker in doing some tasks, loading things and booting up.

2 things. Get a SSD and upgrade your graphics card. If you can only do one, it depends on what you would rather have. Much better performance in games or having Windows become much quicker in doing some tasks, loading things and booting up.

Ok so I would prefer to boost my gaming performiance so I would get a graphics card. Would a 950 be a good idea?

Ok so I would prefer to boost my gaming performiance so I would get a graphics card. Would a 950 be a good idea?

NO! Go find a used card if your are looking for something cheap. Use ebay or Craigslist. For NVidia, you can get a GTX 770, 760 ti, 960, 680(try for the better 770 and 680 always try to get the better cards). For AMD you can get a R9 270x, 280, 280x. All of these perform better and are about the same price as a new gtx 950. You could spend a lil more and get a R9 290 or a GTX 780 for a bit over 200 bucks.

Make sure you either confirm it works before you buy it (like if it is from craigslist) or confirm that you can return it to get your money back if it is broken.

While you have a quad core CPU, you may want to upgrade that. Though a new GPU will probably affect your performance more then changing your processor to another cheap processor. I would say a new processor should be the next upgrade after the GPU but you will have to get a new motherboard as well. Message me when you want to do upgrade your processor in the future to discuss which one. Or you can make a new topic again.

NO! Go find a used card if your are looking for something cheap. Use ebay or Craigslist. For NVidia, you can get a GTX 770, 760 ti, 960, 680(try for the better 770 and 680 always try to get the better cards). For AMD you can get a R9 270x, 280, 280x. All of these perform better and are about the same price as a new gtx 950. You could spend a lil more and get a R9 290 or a GTX 780 for a bit over 200 bucks.

Make sure you either confirm it works before you buy it (like if it is from craigslist) or confirm that you can return it to get your money back if it is broken.

While you have a quad core CPU, you may want to upgrade that. Though a new GPU will probably affect your performance more then changing your processor to another cheap processor. I would say a new processor should be the next upgrade after the GPU but you will have to get a new motherboard as well. Message me when you want to do upgrade your processor in the future to discuss which one. Or you can make a new topic again.

So if you had $250 what would you buy (I would rather avoid buying 2nd hand I've had some bad expierences) And my CPU: fm2 6400

So if you had $250 what would you buy (I would rather avoid buying 2nd hand I've had some bad expierences) And my CPU: fm2 6400

Where do you live?

Your processor is an AMD A6-6400. It's a dual core. The socket (as in where the processor connects to the motherboard) is name the FM2.

Where do you live?

Your processor is an AMD A6-6400. It's a dual core. The socket (as in where the processor connects to the motherboard) is name the FM2.

Sydney

Sydney

Here is what I suggest. Get the AMD A8-7670k. It is a quad core processor that will work with your motherboard already.

Spend the rest of your budget on a GPU. I still suggest going with a used card. The reason is because you won't get much more out of a gtx 950 compared to a gtx 750. If you get a GTX 770 that is used you can save a lot and get a much better card. Watch scrap yard wars. That shows you how to get a used card. They often make sure it works first before actually buying the card.

Here is what I suggest. Get the AMD A8-7670k. It is a quad core processor that will work with your motherboard already.

Spend the rest of your budget on a GPU. I still suggest going with a used card. The reason is because you won't get much more out of a gtx 950 compared to a gtx 750. If you get a GTX 770 that is used you can save a lot and get a much better card. Watch scrap yard wars. That shows you how to get a used card. They often make sure it works first before actually buying the card.

What gpu should I get?

What gpu should I get?

The best one for the money. Just look for ones that are at a price point you can manage and look them up on youtube for tests. I hope you can get a GTX 680 or GTX 770 for that price. If not, a GTX 670 or 760 TI. Try for 680 or 770.

The best one for the money. Just look for ones that are at a price point you can manage and look them up on youtube for tests. I hope you can get a GTX 680 or GTX 770 for that price. If not, a GTX 670 or 760 TI. Try for 680 or 770.

My budget is about $250. What would you recommend?

My budget is about $250. What would you recommend?

Get the A8-7670k which is about $100. Then use $150 for hopefully a GTX 680 or GTX 770. You can also go AMD if you want as well. Just search in your area to see what you can get. I don't know what things cost there but I do know what they cost here. So, you have to search.

Get the A8-7670k which is about $100. Then use $150 for hopefully a GTX 680 or GTX 770. You can also go AMD if you want as well. Just search in your area to see what you can get. I don't know what things cost there but I do know what they cost here. So, you have to search.

What graphics would recommend that isn't 2nd hand.

What graphics would recommend that isn't 2nd hand.

For 150, NONE!!!! Not enough of an upgrade for you.

I have 250

I So I'll get the A8-7670k (Is this right?: http://www.newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113395&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-AMD-_-19113395) for christmas (trying to not spend all my money at once) and ill get a graphics card at ~april. What would you reccomend for graphics card (I will have saved up 250 by then)

I So I'll get the A8-7670k (Is this right?: http://www.newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113395&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-AMD-_-19113395) for christmas (trying to not spend all my money at once) and ill get a graphics card at ~april. What would you reccomend for graphics card (I will have saved up 250 by then)

IDK what you should get then. The market changes a lot.

Ok thanks for your help i'll get the A8-7670k in a couple of weeks. Ill add another message next year when I get a graphics card. With my current setup I just wanted to make sure that the A8-7670k is compatible with my parts? And is it easy to install. Im a computer noob.

Ok thanks for your help i'll get the A8-7670k in a couple of weeks. Ill add another message next year when I get a graphics card. With my current setup I just wanted to make sure that the A8-7670k is compatible with my parts? And is it easy to install. Im a computer noob.