Help with creating secure CSGO site

Hey Guys,

So I want to create this CSGO website for fun to learn how to make websites. First of all I want it to have a button which lets users login with their steam accounts and creates a user profile on a secure database. So are there any good tutorials on ways to do this also what programming languages would be required to do this like JavaScript or PHP? Or is it better to do this with like WordPress. I have heard wordpress is not that secure anyways and amateur programmer is not gonna make a secure website but security is the most important thing because money will be transfered in this site.

Thanks

I like potatoes, if you don't then please just step aside and let me enjoy this potato.

Hey Guys,

website for fun to learn how to make websites

Thanks

Previous web development experience? known languages? Surely you aren't just trying this on a whim. 

i7 6700k // H110i GTX, 4xNoctua 140mm Industrial 3k // Asus Z170 Pro Gaming // 8GB 2400mhz // MSI GTX 970 // Enthoo Pro M

Step 1 would be a capital. How much are you willing to invest?

What languages do you know? Do you know how servers work? Who's going to host this "secure" server for you?

Yeah Guys I know HTML, CSS, Java and Python rather well. Also I am probably going to be renting a server from a good web host and host the website on there, also lets say capital is not that much of an issue.  

I like potatoes, if you don't then please just step aside and let me enjoy this potato.

what programming languages would be required to do this

Aside from HTML, CSS, and JavaScript which every web developer will learn for the client side, there's a large number of languages you can choose from for the server side. Some popular options include: Python, Ruby, JavaScript, C#, Java, and PHP.

As usual, there's no best option.

Yeah Guys I know HTML, CSS, Java and Python rather well.

You could stick with a language you already know rather than learning a new language but it's up to you.

There's not really any tutorials we can provide you until we know what language and framework you're going with.

security is the most important thing

You can write a secure website with any of the languages mentioned above. You can also write insecure websites with any of the languages mentioned above. It's something you'll have to learn as you go and you'll never learn everything. There are many companies out there to help with security as well if this makes it to the production stage.

money will be transfered in this site

Assuming you're able to get to the point where you're going to support real money transactions, you'll probably use another company to do all the hard work for you. Before you get to this point you've got a lot of work ahead of you anyway.

First off you might want to consider the Legal ramifications of running a gambling site.

What countries you will operate in, the cost of licensing, taxes, so on so forth . . . . . . 

You have about a hundred different things you need to think about before creating such a site.

Also one biggy is that you get the the licensing from the game creator to do this and what royalties you will pay to do this.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Lots of CSGO gambling sites have been seized/taken down so do some research on legalities

security is the most important thing because money will be transfered in this site.

Unless you have extensive knowledge in programming then this is really something you should not be considering.

Plus don't forget the added costs of servers, redundancy, SSL certificates, Pen testing, sys admins, legal compliance, company registration, etc. Unless you really know what you are doing don't even go there

If your web development experience is small, or non-existent, then try something less difficult. 

Firstly, try and develop a website with an overall UI that looks like something someone would enjoy. Maybe learn bootstrap.

Then go from there.

I just recently developed a website using PHP, and man was it annoying. I tried implementing bootstrap, and it was a pain for me (I'm a complete novice). I understand many languages, but I found that it was a bit more difficult than I thought.