Corsair Gaming H2100 Wireless (Greyhawk)

Aruxx
OVERVIEW (7.5/10)

The Corsair Gaming H2100 Wireless is a solid unit, but only after some getting used to and certain adjustments.  At a price of $99.99 at Newegg (or $89.99 if you catch a deal such as myself) I would suggest the headphones to those looking for an entry-level wireless gaming headset.  The color scheme of the 'Greyhawk' variant is neutral to match whatever color your build is going for; although the status light is blue, you won't be seeing that anyways.   Alas, into the review we go!

post-244486-0-12335200-1445894652_thumb.

COMFORT (6/10)

Comfort seems to be the main concern of the headset.  Reviews cry of the headset's sub-par comfort, saying that it either clamps above or below your ear.  I'm not going to lie to you, it does, and if you have glasses it's even worse.  To counteract this you have to adjust the headset to be a little big for your head, which is where the second uncomfortable fact shows.  The headset is especially heavy.  Maybe that's just because I came from a wired headset that was overall smaller, but it takes some getting used to.  A trick that has worked for me is to have the actual headband shifted back a hair, and that seems to take the pressure off above my ears and disperse the weight.  Hour long gaming sessions are possible, but for a day home you might find the most relieving times to be those that you walk away from your desk, without the headset..

post-244486-0-02066500-1445894662_thumb.

BUILD (8/10)

The build is mostly plastic, but I'm not actually scared of breaking it.  It's a sturdy plastic that doesn't flex as much as my old headset.  The headband is made of a leathery material, and the earcups a 'microfiber' material as specified by Corsair.  It's comfortable enough, but not the most comfortable material I've ever felt.  The power on button feels and sounds kind of tacky; it has a very plastic-y sound when pressed.

post-244486-0-65844200-1445894655_thumb.

ACCESSIBILITY (9/10)

The controls of the headset are pretty barebones.  You have a power button that, although ridiculously large, is not easy to be accidentally pressed, and an infinite scrolling volume adjustment wheel.  The microphone is a solid unit on an axis that when put all the way up mutes itself.  Other than that you have an LED-indicated charging port, using the same micro USB that you would find on an everyday Android phone.  A convenient touch I feel, because if you have any recent Android phone, you're bound to have more chargers laying around (OnePlus 2 and other proprietary chargers excluded).

post-244486-0-74008500-1445894658_thumb.

AUDIO (7/10)

Let me preface this section by saying, I'm not an audiophile by any sort of the imagination.  I have no frame of reference for what high quality audio sounds like, therefore it's just an opinion.  When I first got the headset, it sounded flat, music didn't really have that punch that I was used to from my old headset.  Corsair's software (not included, but can be downloaded off their website) has a set of EQ presets named 'Audiophile' which I found brought the sound closer to what I was used to.  Their 7.1 audio sounded really funky for everyday use, such as Skype, and for me this wasn't a selling point so it didn't matter.  The microphone on the other hand, came very quiet.  Further research shows it may be Windows 7 being Windows 7, but I have no other rigs to test this on.  I ended up having the download a program called "Equalizer APO" to boost the microphone by 10db, which made it audible without creating too much noise.

software-2b.jpg

image courtesy of bit-tech's review of the h1500

BATTERY & WIRELESS (6.5/10)

Battery life is acceptable, with me getting a good 1-2 days out of a charge.  Charging takes 2-3 hours using the supplied cable on a USB output from my computer.  It's got a solid battery, but I have a fear of non-removable batteries as if it goes bad I'll have to send the whole headset in.  Wireless works pretty well, having a perfect connection anywhere in my room.  After I walk out of room the quality degrades the further I go, and I drop out at ~20ft if I have the receiver end of the headset pointed away.  For a room or two over, it's still mostly solid.  

post-244486-0-71676500-1445894665_thumb.

Thank you for reading my review of the Corsair Gaming H2100 Wireless

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

I've always been tempted to buy a wireless pair of headphones/headset. Especially as my HD201's cable is a fucking catastrophe

I love my V2100's (Same thing, different color). They started becoming damaged after 9 months tho.

Wait there's a special software? 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I've always been tempted to buy a wireless pair of headphones/headset. Especially as my HD201's cable is a fucking catastrophe

That's why I bought these.  The cable on my old pair just became too much of a hassle.  It got to the point where I had to hang it from my ceiling fan once or twice a month to prevent it from getting all too funky.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015