Potential laptop CPU failure

Hi,

So, I have been using this laptop for about 6 years. Today when I turned it on, the screen didnt turn on, but the LED on the power button was on, and the caps lock LED was blinking.

I checked online, and I found a HP site which talks about the LED blinking patterns.

My LED blinks once every 3 seconds. The website says that it means its a CPU failure.

So, if it indeed is CPU failure, I was wondering if there is anything I can do about it, and the approx price to fix it.

if its 6 years old the cpu will be well cheap, if its not soldered that is.

what cpu is it

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

HP's are known for that. You can attempt to overheat it, but once it turn off you will have to do it again

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

what cpu is it

Its a AMD Athlon II P340 2,4 GHz Dual Core processor

Also, the laptop is HP3110em

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

I see...

In your opinion, do you think its worth fixing?

yea 12 pound isnt much. if it dont work sell the whole thing for spares and repairs for 40 

I see...

In your opinion, do you think its worth fixing?

Can you replace the CPU yourself? If not, then it's not worth fixing. The cost of labor will exceed the laptops value.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Can you replace the CPU yourself? If not, then it's not worth fixing. The cost of labor will exceed the laptops value.

I am definitely not going to attempt to fix it myself, if it were my desktop, sure, but I have no experience with laptop hardware, I only know how to replace the RAM and the Hard Drive.

yea 12 pound isnt much. if it dont work sell the whole thing for spares and repairs for 40

LOL!!! I have boxes of parts from cheap laptops. At least around here they are worth negative money since you have to pay to dispose of them.

I am definitely not going to attempt to fix it myself, if it were my desktop, sure, but I have no experience with laptop hardware, I only know how to replace the RAM and the Hard Drive.

try fix ure self. its broken anyway.

LOL!!! I have boxes of parts from cheap laptops. At least around here they are worth negative money since you have to pay to dispose of them.

more fool you then

If you replace it you know the new PC will be faster and reliable. Try and repair your current PC and you could get away for less than the cost of a replacement or be out more money when another component fails in a month. Laptops are disposable. They're built cheap. Tear one apart and you'll see.

If you replace it you know the new PC will be faster and reliable. Try and repair your current PC and you could get away for less than the cost of a replacement or be out more money when another component fails in a month. Laptops are disposable. They're built cheap. Tear one apart and you'll see.

Yeah, I dont think so, Ill take it to a repair shop and ask them to check it out and ask what the price will be, I will make my decision then.

Seems like a Socket S1 chip, my laptop uses the same I do believe but don't quote me on that. It's an HP Compaq 6515b and I'm thinking of upgrading the CPU a bit since they are so cheap. Just type in your laptop model number on google along with CPU upgrade and you should be good

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

what cpu is it

If it was 6 years old, the CPU is actually most likely NOT soldered

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday