i5 660k @ 45 * 100 (4500MHz) @ 1.26v in bios

Asus z170 pro gaming

msi GTX 970 Gaming

2 * 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz crucial memory

Crucial BX100 250GB for OS

Screen 1 connected to the GTX970 by HDMI

Screen 2 connected to the onboard GPU by DVI-D

Screen 3 connected to the onboard GPU by HDMI

When I got this pc I installed windows 8.1 and updated it to windows 10 and everything works perfectly and I don't get any crashes. The only problem is that sometimes (~10% of the times) I start my computer the computer will start to boot like normal but the only thing that will happen is that the main screen turns gray(see the picture below) and the other 2 screens don't turn on.

8ItaUd1.jpg

When this happens I just hold the powerbutton until it shuts down, press it again and then it boots fine. 

What can cause this?

- Is my OC not stable? (I can run the OC.net stresstest for a few hours without problems and I don't get any problems when the pc has booted)

- Is my GPU or any other part broken?

- Is it a driver problem?

Best regards,

I read that Windows 10 usually has issues with more than one monitor when upgrading and that usually a driver reinstall fixes things. So, do a clean reinstall of your GPU driver and hope that it'll fix it. I doubt it's the GPU, if it worked on 8.1 just fine odds are it isn't the GPU but mostly related to a driver issue when upgrading.

Hi,

These are my specs:

i5 660k @ 45 * 100 (4500MHz) @ 1.26v in bios

Asus z170 pro gaming

msi GTX 970 Gaming

2 * 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz crucial memory

Crucial BX100 250GB for OS

Screen 1 connected to the GTX970 by HDMI

Screen 2 connected to the onboard GPU by DVI-D

Screen 3 connected to the onboard GPU by HDMI

When I got this pc I installed windows 8.1 and updated it to windows 10 and everything works perfectly and I don't get any crashes. The only problem is that sometimes (~10% of the times) I start my computer the computer will start to boot like normal but the only thing that will happen is that the main screen turns gray(see the picture below) and the other 2 screens don't turn on.

8ItaUd1.jpg

When this happens I just hold the powerbutton until it shuts down, press it again and then it boots fine. 

What can cause this?

- Is my OC not stable? (I can run the OC.net stresstest for a few hours without problems and I don't get any problems when the pc has booted)

- Is my GPU or any other part broken?

- Is it a driver problem?

Best regards,

This is a driver flaw.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Thnx for the responces!

I'll try removing my gpu driver and reinstalling!