Fan Power

Freeeeezy

I just built my first system only to realize that I don't have any way to power 2 out of my 3 fans. I plugged in one to the motherboard header, but I need 3 pin to molex adapters so I can plug in the other two fans in to the power supply.

Will this from Newegg help me do that? (So I would need to be able to plug in two fans in to this and power them through my power supply by molex)

post-228045-0-77591500-1444190755.png

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

I don't know much about the adapters but this seems like it would be correct. Just curious, do you have posts about your current build? Would love to see that please!  :P

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

I don't know much about the adapters but this seems like it would be correct. Just curious, do you have posts about your current build? Would love to see that please!  :P

I don't really have any posts on my first build because I just built it lol.

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

that one has RPM feedback, which you really do not need. I would just go for the cheapest molex to fan adapter. My fans came with them, which is nice because I have ten fans.

That many adapters resulted in this awesomely stupid work of art:

post-128204-0-16951100-1444191141_thumb.

If the motherboard header supports PWM (4-pin) fans, you can use a PWM fan hub to control the three fans. The Phanteks (http://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWHUB.html) will actually control 3-pin fan speed. The Silverstone (http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=526&area=en) model will simply run 3-pin fans. Both hubs draw power directly from the psu thru a SATA power connector.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

A single fan header can run multiple fans as long as they collectively do not exceed 1 amp. The sticker on a fan hub will list that information.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

If the motherboard header supports PWM (4-pin) fans, you can use a PWM fan hub to control the three fans. The Phanteks (http://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWHUB.html) will actually control 3-pin fan speed. The Silverstone (http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=526&area=en) model will simply run 3-pin fans. Both hubs draw power directly from the psu thru a SATA power connector.

tbh I don't really care about the speed of the fans plus I don't want to pay that much for a fan hub. I think I'm just gonna go with the splitter.