PSU upgrade

waggythegeek

probably @STRMfrmXMN...

what is a good PSU upgrade to the RM 450? I want more cables, for more drives and crossfire/SLI, also I need the increased wattage that comes with those. Preparing for the future...

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

May i recommend EVGA G2 750W :3.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

EVGA GS 750-850w. ( 850w seems to be a bit more future proof with nVidias higher end cards using more then 750 in SLI )

And any XFX or SeaSonic PSU.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

May i recommend EVGA G2 750W :3.

backing this one.

backing this one.

G2 series is very much the default choice of PSU for Crossfire/SLI builds p much. or Builds with components eating a decent share of electricity really.

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

G2 series is very much the default choice of PSU for Crossfire/SLI builds p much. or Builds with components eating a decent share of electricity really.

evga seems the thing to recommend if its available locally.

theres places on earth where evga is nonexistant tho...

evga seems the thing to recommend if its available locally.

theres places on earth where evga is nonexistant tho...

Yeah :o. as said a few times there has been cases where G2's/GS's/B2's aren't available.

Then you could go for a Super Flower Leadex if available, Pretty much what the G2 is based on. or maybe go for a XFX XTR/Seasonic G if the evga units dont seem available.

Yeah :o. as said a few times there has been cases where G2's/GS's/B2's aren't available.

Then you could go for a Super Flower Leadex if available, Pretty much what the G2 is based on. or maybe go for a XFX XTR/Seasonic G if the evga units dont seem available.

over here it seems to be mostly corsair or chinese units...