I probably have a slower internet connection than you right now.

iamdarkyoshi

I have to use my dad's unlimited but 1X data on his phone because my internet is down... again. Has anyone else had issues with Charter?

My speeds are so slow that speedtest.net takes around 20 minutes to complete a test. 

I hope that they can fix it tomorrow, I am getting ticked off.

The first time was us being disconnected (we moved to a new house, and they must have killed service at both locations) and this time, the modem seems to need to be set up again. "Oh this is stupit!" -Clarkson

At least I have SOME steam games on my watercooled PC, shame it has windows 10 and cannot run reliably without crashing.

Toast.

I have to use my dad's unlimited but 1X data on his phone because my internet is down... again. Has anyone else had issues with Charter?

According to down detector there are a few reported outages in your area(Reno right?). I would link it to you, but it probably would take 10 minutes to load for you.

According to down detector there are a few reported outages in your area(Reno right?). I would link it to you, but it probably would take 10 minutes to load for you.

yup. My dad called charter and they didnt say it was a wide issue. They have someone coming over... again... tomorrow.

i actually managed to score "0.00/0.01" on speedtest once, but it was on a tablet, so i couldnt save it :/

yup. My dad called charter and they didnt say it was a wide issue. They have someone coming over... again... tomorrow.

If it makes you feel better, Verizon took 3 days to come out and fix our Internet when it was actually down. So Charter technically has a better response time. 

:D

COMIC SANS

i actually managed to score "0.00/0.01" on speedtest once, but it was on a tablet, so i couldnt save it :/

I managed to get that on a WIRED PC, and my ping was in the SECONDS. That PC certainly had something corrupt in the OS because everything else on the network was fine. OS reinstall fixed it.

If it makes you feel better, Verizon took 3 days to come out and fix our Internet when it was actually down. So Charter technically has a better response time. 

:D

hehe. verizon. Charters speeds are fast, prices are good, and we actually had a service tech out at like 8:00 at night running coax through conduit at our new home. He got us internet that night. 

I managed to get that on a WIRED PC, and my ping was in the SECONDS. That PC certainly had something corrupt in the OS because everything else on the network was fine. OS reinstall fixed it.

i'll toss in a fun one.

the college i went to had symmetrical gigabit (a dedicated line to the nearest exchange, which they paid LOADS of money for)

came into a 100Mbit LAN enviroment...

80f69c3cc6.png

this was the usual speed during lunch

i'll toss in a fun one.

the college i went to had symmetrical gigabit (a dedicated line to the nearest exchange, which they paid LOADS of money for)

80f69c3cc6.png

lol

I got insane speeds at my old high school because they had 5ghz wireless and so does my tablet. 

i'll toss in a fun one.

80f69c3cc6.png

wtf upload speed

CPU: Intel i7 8700k    MB: Gigabyte Z390    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB     GPU: GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

I once had a situation where ping to another PC on the LAN over wifi was 2000+ ms

A direct gigabit connection between them brought it down to the 18 - 22 ms region :P

Don't worry, everything is better now :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Shits pretty slow here in Australia haha, the best you can get here is 100mbps download, atm im on 3mpbs download but upgrading to 50, cant wait

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

I'm at college right now, so...

4718809752.png

And this is just the WiFi. If I use an Ethernet cable, I'd be getting Gigabit speeds right now, but sadly, this laptop's Ethernet port doesn't work. D:

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I'm at college right now, so...

4718809752.png

And this is just the WiFi. If I use an Ethernet cable, I'd be getting Gigabit speeds right now, but sadly, this laptop's Ethernet port doesn't work. D:

see, that's what it's like at real universities... at our school, you're luck to even connect, and if you do, don't expect more than ~150 kb/s.  maybe 1 MB/s on a great day

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Shits pretty slow here in Australia haha, the best you can get here is 100mbps download, atm im on 3mpbs download but upgrading to 50, cant wait

Node1 offers 200/200mbps for around $350p/m. How are you going from 3mbps to 50?

Here are my speeds, Comcast is "throttling" me right now and I am on Wifi.  

Because of my always changing IP right now it thinks I am in Kansas which is really common it seems to switch between Kansas and California. 

4719043085.png

Here are my speeds, Comcast is "throttling" me right now and I am on Wifi.  

Because of my always changing IP right now it thinks I am in Kansas which is really common it seems to switch between Kansas and California. 

4719043085.png

If those are good guesses, we should be able to guess your true location pretty accurately with overlapping circles :)

If those are good guesses, we should be able to guess your true location pretty accurately with overlapping circles :)

It's not a secret I live in Oregon :P

It's not a secret I live in Oregon :P

Oh I just assumed from the whole "4th dimension" thing

Oh I just assumed from the whole "4th dimension" thing

That's a throwback to me in 2013 xD

i'll toss in a fun one.

80f69c3cc6.png

That ping value is beautiful.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.