Reboot loop after installing new motherboard / not a HDD or GPU issue

UnnTHPS

Hi there. Right now I have a very old set up from 2009: ATI 5750, i5 661, Gigabyte H55M-USB3, 2x2GB DDR3 1333mhz. So recently I ordered i5 4690K and ASRock Z97M Anniversary as an upgrade. Everything went smoothly up until the boot up. The computer starts, but nothing ever appears on screen and after about 30 seconds the computer restarts. Just to make it clear, nothing ever appears on the screen. Ever. I am sure that the motherboard and GPU detects my monitor because there's no "no signal" error.

What I tried:

-Try to boot up without a GPU (definitely not a graphics card problem)

-Use on-board graphics (it still detects my monitor)

-Remove HDD (not a Windows or drivers issue)

-Use only one RAM stick (there's nothing wrong with my memory)

Still, same thing, nothing ever appears on screen, so I don't even know if BIOS loads at all and there's a reboot loop. I promise, I made sure that everything's is connected and in the right place. I doubt it's a compatibility issue even though my parts are kind of old, they are still up to today's standards. I believe that it's isn't PSU's fault either even though it very old. Right now I switched back to the old i5 661 and Gigabyte H55M-USB3 and everything's just fine, even my dual channel RAM. Also, 4690k's fan came with pre-applied thermal paste, I scraped it off and used my own.

Specs:

Gigabyte H55M-USB3 -> ASRock Z97M Anniversary

i5 661 -> i5 4690K

ATI 5750

HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1333mhz

2x 1TB HDD

230V power supply (not sure how many Watts is that)

Windows 7 x64

Heres a video https://youtu.be/Uvy8Z43ji6k

Edit: I figured it out, some of the pins are bent.

The cpu is not compatible with the mb .

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97M%20Anniversary/?cat=CPU

1150 Core i5 i5-4690K (C0) Haswell-R 3.5GHz 6MB 88W

All

My bad.Yes, the psu could be a problem, but if you have the right connectors for the mb it should be fine.Another problem could be the mb itself since it doesn't display anything even with onboard gpu

Take a look here.If you find your exact model then ram issues is out of question.If you don't find your ram model in that list...well incompatibility might be the answer

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97M%20Anniversary/?cat=Memory

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

The cpu is not compatible with the mb .

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97M%20Anniversary/?cat=CPU

1150 Core i5 i5-4690K (C0) Haswell-R 3.5GHz 6MB 88W

All

My bad.Yes, the psu could be a problem, but if you have the right connectors for the mb it should be fine.Another problem could be the mb itself since it doesn't display anything even with onboard gpu

Take a look here.If you find your exact model then ram issues is out of question.If you don't find your ram model in that list...well incompatibility might be the answer

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97M%20Anniversary/?cat=Memory

Found my ram on the list. I doubt it's the PSU because I can hook up my old motherboard together with all other components and it all works just fine.

Found my ram on the list. I doubt it's the PSU because I can hook up my old motherboard together with all other components and it all works just fine.

Rma the mb and also ask for a test if you can.I can't suggest anything since most of the problems are already out of question beside the dead cpu or mb.If you have any friends with a 1150 mb go ahead and test the cpu so you can be certain which one is dead.Best of luck

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Rma the mb and also ask for a test if you can.I can't suggest anything since most of the problems are already out of question beside the dead cpu or mb.If you have any friends with a 1150 mb go ahead and test the cpu so you can be certain which one is dead.Best of luck

Yeah I'm going to test it at a nearby computer repair place. Thanks for the interest.

I hooked everything up back to my old motherboard again and it works flawlessy. I'm positive that either the motherboard or the cpu's broken, you were right. I struggled with closing the cpu bracket on the new motherboard earlier. I'm going to take a look at the pins too, just in case.

Yeah I'm going to test it at a nearby computer repair place. Thanks for the interest.

I hooked everything up back to my old motherboard again and it works flawlessy. I'm positive that either the motherboard or the cpu's broken, you were right. I struggled with closing the cpu bracket on the new motherboard earlier. I'm going to take a look at the pins too, just in case.

Well i bent a few pins in my life and if it's not broken you can fix it back.If you by accident bent any pins when you rma it tell them it came that way because they might not take it back

Well i bent a few pins in my life and if it's not broken you can fix it back.If you by accident bent any pins when you rma it tell them it came that way because they might not take it back

Aight, thanks