CoC Question

iamdarkyoshi

I want keep the load off the mods any way I can...

Tbh I'm pretty sure youre allowed to promote stuff from classified. Its just 3rd party sites Iike eBay that aren't allowed

Can I post a link to my classified (which is not selling like at all) in my signature? I looked through the CoC and couldn't find much on the subject.

as per the CoC:

12. Classifieds BST Rules

This is currently in a rough state, rules highly subject to change:

• You use the classifieds section on Linus Tech Tips at your own risk. Linus Media Group Inc. is not responsible for the guarantee of the item arriving, payment being received or the safe storage of personal data.
  • Must have a minimum of 100 posts on the forum before posting a classified
  • You must include proof of ownership; normally a photograph with your username and the date the photo was taken written on a piece of paper with the item being sold - MUST BE LEGIBLE. No watermarks or other "digital" ways of adding in a ID and date.
  • The classifieds section is for personal use only. There are some business sales, but only on approved sellers. For business inquiries, please contact an administrator for options.
  • There are to be no links to eBay, Amazon, Gumtree, Craigslist or similar classifieds being posted.
  • You must post on the page for the sale when the item has been shipped and when the item has been received.
  • There are to be no sales of digital goods such as in game credits or digital download coupons.
  • No software sales.
  • Please do not cross post items. One advertisement per item.
  • Due to various legal issues, there is no posting allowed of Windows media/software for sale/resale. As well, any other software that specifically prohibits 3rd party transfers is also not allowed.

You may NOT sell or list any of the following (including but not limited to):

• Weapons, explosives or any other "dangerous" items.
  • Currencies of any kind, including crypto currencies (Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.)
  • Any item that may be illegal in your country or the buyers
  • Any item that can not be legally shipped

As per the Advertising regulations, you cannot create a post anywhere on the forum to explicitly "advertise" your classified ad. You can however have a link to it in your signature as long as you adhere to all other signature rules.

hope this helps..

the underlined passage states:

yes you can link your classified ad link within the signature, just not listed in the open forums. 

the underlined passage states:

yes you can link your classified ad link within the signature, just not listed in the open forums.

thanks, apparently I am profoundly stupid and cannot read.