Apogee MIC on Windows 8 (HELP)

KOtech

Well well well. Here i'am looking at the shiny Apogee MIC Box realising that, infact, the MIC is not supported on the Windows paltform.

/FACEPALM.

But there should still be a way of "getting it to work".

This : http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/DIY-Articles/How-to-Use-Apogee-MiC-with-Windows/ba-p/34651309

- Though i'm running out of success. 

Any Apogge MIC owner that've got it to work on the Windows Platform?

• 7 months later...

I can help :) I have working Apogee Mic 96k in WIndows 7- mme/wdm and ASIO drivers :) 

There is a tricky way to make apogee mic work under Windows7 and probably Windows 8 also using not only ASIO but also MME/directx drivers.

Apogee mic is USB Audio Class 2.0 (UAC2) device so it works out of the box for MAC os (OSX 10.6.4 and higher) and some newer linux ALSA drivers also, but windows does not have internal USB 2.0 audio drivers... However there is one company which makes the universal UAC2 drivers for oem device manufacturers -Thesycon.

Lot if Hi-Fi DAC manufacturers use their drivers which are just a little customized.... Also BLUE Yeti PRO Microfon uses their drivers to work under windows....

So can we use Blue Yeti Pro driver to install Apogee mic under windows? YES!!! We Can !!! Then you even do not need Asio4all....

How to install Apogee mic using BLue Yeti pro "windows7_DriverA"

1. Download from Blue home page "YetiPro_Windows7_DriverA"

2. Download from Thesycon page "TDD" tool to obtain your Apogee MIC usb PID&VID numbers,

3. Connect your MIC to usb port and run TDD tool and select MIC device from selectable list of connected USB devices...

4. now you are able to copy your mic VID and PID numbers (vendor and product ID)

5. disconnect MIC from USB port.

6. extract yeti driver and open for edition two *.inf files:

"BLUE_YETI_PRO.inf" and "BLUE_YETI_PROks.inf"

7.Find  [_Models] and [_Models.ntamd64] entries in both files looking like:

"BLUE YETI PRO"=_Install, USB\VID_074d&PID_0001   two entries for  "BLUE_YETI_PRO.inf"

and

"BLUE YETI PRO Audio"=_Install, TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_0074d&PID_0001&KS  two entries for "BLUE_YETI_PROks.inf"

Just change the VID and PID numbers to those of your apogee MIC values noted from TDD tool for MIC96k it will be:

"BLUE YETI PRO"=_Install, USB\VID_0C60&PID_001B   two entries for  "BLUE_YETI_PRO.inf"

and

"BLUE YETI PRO Audio"=_Install, TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_0C60&PID_001B&KS  two entries for "BLUE_YETI_PROks.inf"

and save *.inf files.

8. Run yeti driver "setup.exe" when mic is disconnected and connect mic when driver setup will ask for that... Just click next and agree for not signed driver to be installed ,and you are ok.

9. After setup will finish your Mic will show under device manager as Yeti Pro  :)

10. Now you have MME and ASIO UAC2 driver under windows7/8 installed for your Apogee MIC !!!

11. You can use ure MIC for any mme/WDM recording software as well as for ASIO as yeti driver is MME and ASIO, you can use yur MIC for Skype  :)

While it's nice of mic96k_user to type out such a long

response, seeing as this is a very dead thread, I'll be

locking it.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic