Deciding between Corsair strafe rgb & ducky shine 5

Hey guys!

I would like to get the forum's opinion on what keyboard would be better considering between the corsair strafe rgb and the ducky shine 5. Sadly, these keyboards have not came out on the market yet, but wat keyboard will you favor between these two?

Thx

It's purely personal preference.

Both are good keyboards.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

The Ducky Shine 5 is out already. Ducky uses dual layer PCBs and double coated ABS keycaps unlike the Corsair, which uses thin ABS and has a non standard layout. Compared to a K70 RGB, Ducky is already considered to have a greater build and the Strafe being all plastic (not sure about back plate) is bound to be even worse. If you want the Silent switches though then the only option is the Strafe.

Also, the Ducky may look plasticky and cheap but the plastic is apparently higher quality than Cordair's and they are said to use a steel plate (DS5 weighs 1.3 kg). I have never opened a Ducky but searches state stuff like this.

Edit: I honestly don't know why Corsair released the Strafe line when they already have the K series. The essential difference is the lack of media keys and the aluminum backplate. You could really consider the Strafe to be a downgrade of the K70 and it doesn't cost that much less too...

The Ducky Shine 5 is out already. Ducky uses dual layer PCBs and double coated ABS keycaps unlike the Corsair, which uses thin ABS and has a non standard layout. Compared to a K70 RGB, Ducky is already considered to have a greater build and the Strafe being all plastic (not sure about back plate) is bound to be even worse. If you want the Silent switches though then the only option is the Strafe.

Also, the Ducky may look plasticky and cheap but the plastic is apparently higher quality than Cordair's and they are said to use a steel plate (DS5 weighs 1.3 kg). I have never opened a Ducky but searches state stuff like this.

Edit: I honestly don't know why Corsair released the Strafe line when they already have the K series. The essential difference is the lack of media keys and the aluminum backplate. You could really consider the Strafe to be a downgrade of the K70 and it doesn't cost that much less too...

Out in Taiwan maybe. I can only find it available for preorder for US.

Ducky is amazing in many ways, including for it's superior build quality.  I vote the Shine :D

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

I have the Strafe non-RGB. It is a quality keyboard with fairly good software. RGB is more of a gimmick if anything, so just go with whatever color backlighting you like best,

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

I have the Strafe non-RGB. It is a quality keyboard with fairly good software. RGB is more of a gimmick if anything, so just go with whatever color backlighting you like best,

Strafe may be a quality keyboard, but the ducky would be more like "quality+"

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Strafe may be a quality keyboard, but the ducky would be more like "quality+"

Yeah, only reason I got this was because I could put it on my paypal credit account and have 2 day shipping. Otherwise I would have gotten something else. I like the keyboard though.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H