Wanting to edit some videos

Hi im wanting to edit some videos of my gaming sessions but also of my Brothers wedding , I don't really have the budget for (Sony Vegas pro) but am wondering if (Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite) is a good sub for this if anyone can suggest any other good chooses to buy please say thanks in advance

Kind regards Blindsighted

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

Hi im wanting to edit some videos of my gaming sessions but also of my Brothers wedding , I don't really have the budget for (Sony Vegas pro) but am wondering if (Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite) is a good sub for this if anyone can suggest any other good chooses to buy please say thanks in advance

You could try something like Camtasia Studio, or what I discovered the other day, DaVinci Resolve 12.

DaVinci Resolve 12 is free and is a great NLE.  There is also Lightworks and HitFilm.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

DaVinci Resolve 12 is free and is a great NLE.  There is also Lightworks and HitFilm.

You stole all of my suggestions.  <_<  <_< lol DaVinci Resolve 12 looks like a really good Premiere-like editor. I've used Lightworks for some stuff, and it works well, but the learning curve is pretty steep.

HitFilm seems to be another good option, but I doubt its as good as good as Resolve.

If you do use Resolve, make sure you use Resolve 12 (Lite Beta) and if you want to edit stuff for a wedding, I might want to look into color correction/grading, which can make footage look better.

All of these are free.

Good luck!

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

hitfilm express 3. Best free option there is.

https://hitfilm.com/express

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

hitfilm express 3. Best free option there is.

https://hitfilm.com/express

I see some people saying that HitFilm isn't as good as it might seem (personally I've never used it). With their new Resolve 12 and using it with Fusion 8, it might be better than HitFilm. Again, never used either, but hoping to give Resolve 12 a try some time soon.

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

I see some people saying that HitFilm isn't as good as it might seem (personally I've never used it). With their new Resolve 12 and using it with Fusion 8, it might be better than HitFilm. Again, never used either, but hoping to give Resolve 12 a try some time soon.

was using resolve before and now use hitfilm MUCH more. Its much more powerfull than resolve lite though it has a bit of a steeper learning curve which is why some may say they like resolve better.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

was using resolve before and now use hitfilm MUCH more. Its much more powerfull than resolve lite though it has a bit of a steeper learning curve which is why some may say they like resolve better.

lol, I was looking up HitFilm vs Resolve 12, and I found this... Basically saying the opposite! I would almost suggest to @blindsighted26 to try a few of them out, and to see which one he likes better, and to use that one.

BTW, there was a similar thread about free NLE's here.

Ok Thank you to all of you for your time and suggestion i will have a play with some of them i was expecting to have to spend money but if there are so free options then im up for trying some of theses 

Thanks again to all of you regards Blindsighted

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H