Corsair AX760 my new OVEN

anthonyc813

I was finally able to put in a new PSU that I had laying around for a while yesterday-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139042&cm_re=ax760-_-17-139-042-_-Product

Since then my case has been like a furnace!!! Warm to the touch and my H100i is actually making noise, which it hasn't in a year. In fact, I never heard any fan, pump, coil whine, eetc from my case and it was always always cool to the touch even after being on for hours on end. Now after 11 minutes the top left half of my Fractal R4 is really warm on the outside and the top exhaust is blowing out hot air...

did I do something wrong? How can I trouble shoot this? All fans are spinning. my old PSU was a gold 80+ Antec high Current Pro... kinda regretting swapping it out

I was finally able to put in a new PSU that I had laying around for a while yesterday-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139042&cm_re=ax760-_-17-139-042-_-Product

Since then my case has been like a furnace!!! Warm to the touch and my H100i is actually making noise, which it hasn't in a year. In fact, I never heard any fan, pump, coil whine, eetc from my case and it was always always cool to the touch even after being on for hours on end. Now after 11 minutes the top left half of my Fractal R4 is really warm on the outside and the top exhaust is blowing out hot air...

did I do something wrong? How can I trouble shoot this? All fans are spinning. my old PSU was a gold 80+ Antec high Current Pro... kinda regretting swapping it out

Which orientation are the fans in?

Also, coil whine is super common with those units.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Global solution:

Get rid of it and join the HX or HXi Master Race.

I <3 mine, I never hear it, the fan never moves LOL

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Global solution:

Get rid of it and join the HX or HXi Master Race.

I <3 mine, I never hear it, the fan never moves LOL

*Psst, EVGA GS/G2/P2/T2 etc is even better for less money ;)

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

ok I didn't mean actual coil whine from my 970s. my bad.

i believ eit is on hybrid mode and the fan is facing down. should I switch to normal?

Fan should be facing the floor provided you are not on carpet. If you're on carpet then put a hard piece of foam or a box underneath it so it can breathe. It may be warm because the fan isn't intaking tons of air and you have a warmer system.

Fan should be facing the floor provided you are not on carpet. If you're on carpet then put a hard piece of foam or a box underneath it so it can breathe. It may be warm because the fan isn't intaking tons of air and you have a warmer system.

OK let me play with that and try to raise the case up a bit

ok I didn't mean actual coil whine from my 970s. my bad.

i believ eit is on hybrid mode and the fan is facing down. should I switch to normal?

I have mine on eco mode all the time but keep it faced up to let the heat rise up and out easily but in general once it get warm enough or a 70% load it will start the fan.

OK let me play with that and try to raise the case up a bit

Alrighty, good luck! Also try blasting your case fans a bit more if it's still too hot. Your PSU shouldn't be the source of that much heat really but you can also try running it in the non-hybrid fan mode (if that's possible on the AX-series, I do not know).

*Psst, EVGA GS/G2/P2/T2 etc is even better for less money ;)

Corsair >

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Alrighty, good luck! Also try blasting your case fans a bit more if it's still too hot. Your PSU shouldn't be the source of that much heat really but you can also try running it in the non-hybrid fan mode (if that's possible on the AX-series, I do not know).

yeah there is a switch on the PSU for Normal and Hybrid. I left it on hybrid... I did a good cleaning of all parts when I took her apart and redid cable management and what not. no dust caked on any fan blade. maybe its the hybrid mode cause like I said my case never ever ever felt this warm after a few minutes in all the years of building my own PC

bought it black friday and its been in the closet for months..

RMA it or just sell it

How would I know if my h100 is not working properly? The led lights are on and both fans are spinning

RPM line from the pump, your system would also give a warning if the pump failed if it's connected to the CPU header.

How would I know if my h100 is not working properly? The led lights are on and both fans are spinning

Pump goes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Temps are unacceptably high.

I have mine on eco mode all the time but keep it faced up to let the heat rise up and out easily but in general once it get warm enough or a 70% load it will start the fan.

Should u flip it? Have two cards so the hot air would be blowing right on the 970... maybe 2 inches oilfield space between them

Lol not how that works.

For you at least.

Should u flip it? Have two cards so the hot air would be blowing right on the 970... maybe 2 inches oilfield space between them

I have a water cooling loop so the heat just rises on it's own or the positive pressure in the case gives it some airflow out the back, if you flip it the bottom card on your setup though would draw in some of that heat.

For you at least.

No that's not how any of this works, it's all depended on the OEM and build of each PSU.

For you at least.

Short rant:

Nothing from Corsair in the PSU department makes any sense to buy. None of it. Corsair, for one, does not "make" their PSUs. That is the job of their OEMs (for the most part CWT and for the AXis we have Flextronics). Second, better performing PSUs can be found for less. They often have more features than competing Corsair PSUs. There are literally always better power supplies for your money than from Corsair. They only thing Corsair relates in a PSU is the price tag and sticker on the side.

I have a water cooling loop so the heat just rises on it's own or the positive pressure in the case gives it some airflow out the back, if you flip it the bottom card on your setup though would draw in some of that heat.

No that's not how any of this works, it's all depended on the OEM and build of each PSU.

Youre speaking with a Corsair fanboy, sooooooo

@STRMfrmXMN

Yes I get how it works, but when theres the Corsair sticker on the side and it works fine, then what else is their to complain about? Money never really is an setback for me.

Youre speaking with a Corsair fanboy, sooooooo

@STRMfrmXMN

Yes I get how it works, but when theres the Corsair sticker on the side and it works fine, then what else is their to complain about? Money never really is an setback for me.

It doesn't matter that there is a Corsair sticker though. It doesn't make it superior to any other PSU simply by having it on there since it doesn't mean quality when they don't make it.

It doesn't matter that there is a Corsair sticker though. It doesn't make it superior to any other PSU simply by having it on there since it doesn't mean quality when they don't make it.

I never mentioned quality or it being superior to other options, did I?

I just said I buy it cuz its Corsair and it works, nothing more.