Are ethernet over power plugs any good?

vong

My wifi is kinda inconsistent  and I want to use a cable but not allowed to because it'll look ugly running up to my room so the other option is ethernet over power plugs. Are their speeds any good? Running a cable to my room would be about 15m-18m.

The Netcomm NP507 is what I'm looking at. I don't want to spend over $100 if it's not much better than wireless.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

They're decent. I think Linus did a video, one sec I'll find it.

Edit:

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

You mean powerline? They work well, but if you have an old house or just a house with bad wiring there could be issues.

Depends what's plugged in between the router and your room. I tried it once but didn't get speeds as fast as wifi, so I gave up- it was about 15m and there was a TV and some other stuff plugged in along the way as well. So it depends.

From what I've seen and read they work well nowadays, before it there were issues with house wiring and signal attenuation.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

They're decent. I think Linus did a video, one sec I'll find it.

Those videos were what I was looking for, thanks!

You mean powerline? They work well, but if you have an old house or just a house with bad wiring there could be issues.

Yeah that's what I meant. House was built back into 2010 so I guess the wiring should be pretty good.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Those videos were what I was looking for, thanks!

Yeah that's what I meant. House was built back into 2010 so I guess the wiring should be pretty good.

I've heard mixed results. Personally i use AC, the router is across the house and downstairs. On a wired connection i got 90 down and on AC i still get 90 down. I play games like CS:GO and have not had any issues with interference on 5Ghz.

I've heard mixed results. Personally i use AC, the router is across the house and downstairs. On a wired connection i got 90 down and on AC i still get 90 down. I play games like CS:GO and have not had any issues with interference on 5Ghz.

Hmm, mixed results.

Would I be able to use a splitter on them? I've got a pc and HTPC in my roome. Or should I get 2 kits?

Hmm, mixed results.

Would I be able to use a splitter on them? I've got a pc and HTPC in my roome. Or should I get 2 kits?

No idea.

Hmm, mixed results.

some of them come with 2 plugs so you can run 2 lines from your router tot he Powerline adapter and then have 2 lines coming from the other end

I use a Netgear Powerline 1200, and it has been flawless. 

I really cannot comment on the speed of it as I only have it between my modem and router. Though it can handle my 100mbps symetric internet service. 

It's not an ideal solution, but it seems to be a pretty good option for those of us who need to get network into inconvenient locations. 

If you have more than one PC in your area, I would just get a cheap switch. They are a lot less expensive than another powerline adapter. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I use a Netgear Powerline 1200, and it has been flawless. 

I really cannot comment on the speed of it as I only have it between my modem and router. Though it can handle my 100mbps symetric internet service. 

It's not an ideal solution, but it seems to be a pretty good option for those of us who need to get network into inconvenient locations. 

If you have more than one PC in your area, I would just get a cheap switch. They are a lot less expensive than another powerline adapter. 

^