GTX 480 Video Card Drivers - Then vs Now

1. They never said this was going to be the ULTIMATE TEST FOR EVERY SINGLE GPU UNDER THE SUN now did they? Also, for the love of God, objective isn't the same as a good comparison, an objective comparison is one that is unbiased and does not mix in any personal feelings, which this one does not (do not even think about telling me Linus is Nvidia biased, that argument is as strong as a fetus)
  2. Are you telling me you have a problem with him not testing launch drivers? That's not the point of the video, of course he's skipping launch drivers, he want's to see how much drivers evolve after they have matured so why bother using launch ones?
  3. NO THEY DID NOT, JEEZ! They made the best decision, maybe they did want to test AMD cards but if you take into consideration the CHAOS that LMG must be right now it might have been that they couldn't do it. Think about it, they just moved, they had the meet up which probably killed a work day, so much is going on that it's very plausible that they just weren't able to put more effort into a video idea that, while cool, isn't that relevant to the masses.
  4. Still has nothing to do with the quality of the video, there is a line between what is feasible and what is not, making the video they did is and maybe adding a few things to it would also be possible but for some reason they couldn't, making the video you seem to be asking would not be feasible.

See, the problem is that what you described there is an objective video, no where in the description did you mention that it was biased, or that it involved Linus' personal feelings, so it is objective. And again, if you expected ANYONE to make a video about drivers that in depth then you really need to burst out of your bubble.

Oh boy, here we go again

1. I'm not saying the video looks biased as in terms of Linus personal's preferences, it looks "biased"(not the correct word but my English sucks) as in terms of having characteristics of an ad or sponsored video(I'm not going to explain what are those, I hope you have the critical thinking to determine an ad/sponsored video), which is why I explained why the video is not objective in my previous post and since I'm a lazy fuck, and don't really care that much about explaining my self to others(my post was targeted at Lunis/LMG) I'm not going to explain myself again. Sorry, just had to do it to support my response to your other points.

2. "see how much drivers evolve after they have matured"  He never said after they've matured, he said "support their drivers in the long term", there is a difference, don't put shit he didn't say, I'm not going to quote everything he said, you can watch and listen his exact wording in the video yourself. Which reminds me of other thing I noticed while watching the video: video title is "Then vs Now Video Card Drivers" and he start the intro with "You know how every time, there is a new graphic card released that doesn't quite perform up to the expectation of the fans of graphic card make A, or graphic card make B, the immediate response is well ugh the drivers haven't matured yet so ugh yea, is's going to be way batter later." and then "We decided to quantify using our trusty gtx 480, just how well Nvidia supports it's products and therefore its customers in the long term" so he starts with how people with cards from both manufacturer bitch about drivers maturity and his solution to address the subject is to only test one card of one manufacturer, that doesn't sound like a sponsored video or ad to you(because that's exactly how and ad is structured)? And notice I say "looks like" not "it is", in my opinion it's just bad scripting and video(probably as a result of them being busy with the meetup as you suggested).

3. Partially explained myself in 2, and also in my previous post that you seem to didn't comprehend. As I said, being busy is not an excuse when this type of video is not tied to a product release or a specific time and can wait. If you're going to address a subject either do it right(they have the resources), leave it for later(if they're really that busy) or if you're going to do a sponsored video/ad, make it clear and be honest about it and don't try to pass it as an genuine review/test/experiment/whatever video.

4. I can partially agree with you on this, even though it's something that's easy to address and incorporate in the video, it is something that idk if many other people would like to see.

As I said, my comment is targeted at Linus and the guys involved in this video and I don't really care that much about the opinion of my post by the other dudes here. Since you replied to me I decided to do so too but it looks like our opinions don't match and we won't reach an agreement. I don't see a point of wasting more time in arguing over what I wrote so I quit. I'm not big on posting in forums anyway. Although my initial post is negative, it's meant as a critique not hating so If anyone from LMG is reading it(I hope so, otherwise it's pointless), don't take it the wrong way. I've been a subscriber of LTT for awhile(and the other channels since they started), love the LMG team and what they do, except for that particular video which is the first LTT video I pressed dislike on and disagreed with to the point of going to the forum here and giving my 2 cents.

NO! It's art, it's colonialism and you'll never get it!

snip

Then let's close it there, no hard feelings.

i'm a potato