Problem with starting up PC after shutting it down.

SneakySam69

Specs:

i5 4690k

Kraken x61

Asus Z97-A/3.1

G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB 1866mhz

Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

1TB WD Blue

Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

Windows 8.1/64bit

Asus VG248QE

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0401

No error messages or anything

The Explaination:

So I built my new PC right? I configure the stuff in the BIOS and install Windows. Everything is great and happy UNTIL I realized after shutting down my PC and letting the PSU stay on afterwards, My Kraken still has the red LED on. Then when I went to go turn it on, the whole system powers on; fans all spinning, mobo leds EVERYTHING. But my monitor doesnt do anything...i turn my monitor on but its DVI no signal. So my way of solving this is turning off the power supply while PC and monitor is off and then turning back on the PSU and starting it up. It's getting really annoying to have to do this and I'm afraid its making some of my parts last shorter.

At first I thought it was my PSU but then I read it could be my RAM my GPU my Mobo my mobo battery or my cable management(its really horrid)

Conclusion: I need to find a solution to this pretty quick. Do i need a new PSU? a new Mobo? a new GPU?

I need some help.

Thank you and have a gr8 day :)

It is not cable management.

Or

Try a different monitor/TV.

Or

Unplug the kraken and then boot up.

So you dont think its the PSU or the Mobo?

I dont have another monitor i could try a tv

I will try replacing the kraken with the stock and do a test

Well your PSU is still producing power which is a good thing. But the power might not always be getting to the monitor. I dont know how but the PSU could maybe be a little faulty.

Or the motherboard is not sending the power to that point. Is your DVI port in your motherboard or in your graphics card.

Can you use another cable to connect your monitor?

It could be a problem with your monitor as well since that was the first symptom. So without a spare screen it is going to be hard to troubleshoot.

I have plugged in the monitor to my graphics card I do have an HDMI cable from my tv i will try that or i will try hooking my pc up to the tv

Bump

This is still an issue

Btw if I shutdown the PC and then repower it back up almost minutes after it works fine