Best USB Video Player?

whatishacks

My uncle isn't very tech savy so I was wondering what would be the best solution for playing movies and music videos off of a USB, to a TV.

His TV does not have a usb input, and neither does his DVD player.

Thanks.

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

My uncle isn't very tech savy so I was wondering what would be the best solution for playing movies and music videos off of a USB, to a TV.

His TV does not have a usb input, and neither does his DVD player.

Thanks.

get him something like an emtec moviecube it has a hard drive an acts as an external but you play movies thorugh it i have one in every room of the house

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Wait he wants to have a USB that can play movies and watch music videos and that will connect to his TV?

That's confusing because you said his tv didn't have a usb input..?

I think he means if there is a device that he can connect to the tv with hdmi or those red/yellow/white cables (idk how to call that) and that you can put the usb into that device

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

get him something like an emtec moviecube it has a hard drive an acts as an external but you play movies thorugh it i have one in every room of the house

That's a little pricy for him :/

Wait he wants to have a USB that can play movies and watch music videos and that will connect to his TV?

That's confusing because you said his tv didn't have a usb input..?

refer to above post

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

That's a little pricy for him :/

refer to above post

could you not get him a cheap pc?

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

He does not want to spend that much money, plus he isn't educated on technology.  He's 63 and the only technology he uses is TV, where he watches 3 channels.

Future Plans:

He does not want to spend that much money, plus he isn't educated on technology.  He's 63 and the only technology he uses is TV, where he watches 3 channels.

you can pick an old laptop up for £30

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}