How to enter bios without keyboard

Go to solution Solved by rjfaber91,

Good to hear you managed to work it out, but should you ever run into such a situation again, here are the three ways to reset the BIOS, in order of convenience:

1. Press the Reset CMOS button. Not all motherboards have such a button, so this won't always be an option.

2. Change the setting on the Reset CMOS jumper. Pretty much all motherboards have a jumper to reset the CMOS, even motherboards that also have a switch. Always consult the manual on exactly how to do this.

3. Remove the motherboard battery, leave it out for a few seconds, and put it back in.

I was choosing some boot functions in BIOS but now my keyboard does not work straight away in boot up so I cannot use it to boot in bios such as pressing F2 or DEL or whatever. Is there a way to enter/reset BIOS?

Resetting the CMOS. What motherboard do you have? There is multiple ways to do this, depending on your motherboard.

Resetting the CMOS. What motherboard do you have? There is multiple ways to do this, depending on your motherboard.

msi gaming 5  motherboard

Assuming you have a Windows OS with UEFI installed you can get into it from the OS

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Directly below your top PCI-E slot, you should see what looks like a watch battery. While your PC is powered down entirely, remove this battery for about a minute or so. Re-insert it, and power your PC back on. This should reset your BIOS, and enable functionality with your keyboard again.

Directly below your top PCI-E slot, you should see what looks like a watch battery. While your PC is powered down entirely, remove this battery for about a minute or so. Re-insert it, and power your PC back on. This should reset your BIOS, and enable functionality with your keyboard again.

I have just tried taking it out and I dont see how it is possible there is no gap its basically completely straight into the mobo ahh this is horrible

Found out I disabled both my ssd so it went to bios and then I disabled fastboot

Good to hear you managed to work it out, but should you ever run into such a situation again, here are the three ways to reset the BIOS, in order of convenience:

1. Press the Reset CMOS button. Not all motherboards have such a button, so this won't always be an option.

2. Change the setting on the Reset CMOS jumper. Pretty much all motherboards have a jumper to reset the CMOS, even motherboards that also have a switch. Always consult the manual on exactly how to do this.

3. Remove the motherboard battery, leave it out for a few seconds, and put it back in.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

3. Remove the motherboard battery, leave it out for a few seconds, and put it back in

I could not find mobo jumper I think I lost it. But thanksceveryone