i3-4030U and gt 840

ichihgo

will this cpu bottleneck the GPU ? . the laptop isn't mainly for gaming but just league of legends and maybe GTA V on low when i go to my friends or so .

will this cpu bottleneck the GPU ? . the laptop isn't mainly for gaming but just league of legends and maybe GTA V on low when i go to my friends or so .

It won't "bottleneck" but it's no GTA V player on anything above 720p.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I had that CPU with my Inspiron 11, wouldn't recommend it as its severely underpowered. I would try to find something with an i5, pairing the 4030u with a 840m is a bit of a joke.

I had that CPU with my Inspiron 11, wouldn't recommend it as its severely underpowered. I would try to find something with an i5, pairing the 4030u with a 840m is a bit of a joke.

I thought about that but both money and power consumption blocked it xD and anyway I have my gaming desktop so like I said it'll be just league of legends  

I thought about that but both money and power consumption blocked it xD and anyway I have my gaming desktop so like I said it'll be just league of legends

I know league isn't that resource hungry, but this CPU struggles with YouTube.

I know league isn't that resource hungry, but this CPU struggles with YouTube.

as dump as it sounds will it struggle with coding ? (no a huge projects tho )

Probably not, but if compiling is intensive then it will hog the CPU while its compiling.

well that's what matter so it will work for me 

thanks .

840M barely crosses min spec for GTA V; don't get your hopes too high for it.

The i3-4030U is so far under min spec for GTA V it's actually kind of funny. I kept thinking "i3-4030" rather than see the "U" on it... but that CPU won't cut it. It's a 1.9GHz dual core which VERY LIKELY will run into a TDP limitation (15W max for it) when playing something like GTA V. It's weaker than a core 2 quad which is the min spec for GTA.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday