G4ME ZERO or others?

Hey guys, so at the moment I own a pair of ATH-AD700's they are great and comfortable headphones nothing is really wrong with them but at times it gets loud where I am playing (lounge room) and it really puts off trying to hear the enemies. I play CSGO and directional sound is very important to me I was looking at Sennheiser G4ME ZERO, they seem pretty good if anyone has any other recommendations that'd be great ive also owned these headphones for 3 years so maybe it might be time for an upgrade, Price range is around $150-200.

ATH-AD700: http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=178

G4ME ZERO: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27064&cPath=998

SNIP

here comes my obligatory recommendation for the mmx300s (or some dt770s and mod mic)

However the game zero series are actually pretty decent from what I hear

(cough link to my review http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/351590-beyerdynamics-mmx300-headset-review-my-first-review/)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

here comes my obligatory recommendation for the mmx300s (or some dt770s and mod mic)

(cough link to my review http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/351590-beyerdynamics-mmx300-headset-review-my-first-review/)

Op are you looking specifically for closed-back? Then +1 to dt770, but for $350 you can do better than the mmx300s imo.

Op are you looking specifically for closed-back? Then +1 to dt770, but for $350 you can do better than the mmx300s imo.

pretty sure he wants closed

Depends if you want a killer microphone which is arguably what you are paying for with the mmx300s, arguably the mic is on par with my blue yeti

but if you dont care about a mic the dt770s are killer for the money

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Game ZERO owner here.

To give a short history before my conclusion.

First real headset, Sonys Wireless Stereo Headset for the PS3. Brilliant wireless headset with long lifetime and INCREDIBLY good mic for the price.

Then i bought a Madcatz Tritton 720+. Good headset, but mic was god awful.

Then bought the new Wireless Stereo Headeset 2.0 , Compared to the original which was nearly flawless, this one is god awful in all but ONE aspect, the sound.

Now to my Game Zero...

The microphone is great, the noise cancelling is really good.

The sound, especially the base is fantastic, it is deep, but even if you configure the PCs equalizer to enhance the base, its NOTHING like say, beats. The base is deep, clear and strong, but even at 100% boost to the base, it still doesnt overpower or distort the mids and highs. For music, it is simply fantastic, and for gaming it really shines with footsteps.

drawbacks

The cord starts coiling up really quick, surprisingly so since the whole cable is braided.

Conclusion.

I cannot deny that i am biased, sound wise, both mic and speakers, it is superior to my old Wireless Stereo Headset, however in convenience, it doesnt come close. However, having a good wireless headset that works and doesnt murder your bank account is an exception to the rule and cannot be considered normal at all.

Game zero is indeed worth the money.

Game ZERO owner here.

To give a short history before my conclusion.

First real headset, Sonys Wireless Stereo Headset for the PS3. Brilliant wireless headset with long lifetime and INCREDIBLY good mic for the price.

Then i bought a Madcatz Tritton 720+. Good headset, but mic was god awful.

Then bought the new Wireless Stereo Headeset 2.0 , Compared to the original which was nearly flawless, this one is god awful in all but ONE aspect, the sound.

Now to my Game Zero...

The microphone is great, the noise cancelling is really good.

The sound, especially the base is fantastic, it is deep, but even if you configure the PCs equalizer to enhance the base, its NOTHING like say, beats. The base is deep, clear and strong, but even at 100% boost to the base, it still doesnt overpower or distort the mids and highs. For music, it is simply fantastic, and for gaming it really shines with footsteps.

drawbacks

The cord starts coiling up really quick, surprisingly so since the whole cable is braided.

Conclusion.

I cannot deny that i am biased, sound wise, both mic and speakers, it is superior to my old Wireless Stereo Headset, however in convenience, it doesnt come close. However, having a good wireless headset that works and doesnt murder your bank account is an exception to the rule and cannot be considered normal at all.

Game zero is indeed worth the money.

Thank you very much, I am leading towards the G4ME ZERO do you own a soundcard, if so which one.

I just watched a review by "JayzTwoCents" he says that there is a lot of resistance in the drivers, which made them very power hungry he had to end up buying an amplifier to get the full experience on the headsets. I own a Xonar DGX and not really interested in having to pay for an amplifier. https://youtu.be/gyk3njDzr_8?t=6m54s

Thanks for the suggestion, but i'm not looking to spend that much on a headset.

Thanks for the suggestion, but i'm not looking to spend that much on a headset.

thats why i recommended the DT770s which you can get for about $200

Also check out the other sennheiser pc headsets like the 363d and the PC 350 which are meant to have good audio too!! they might not need an amp or anything