Need help from audiophiles

Fishbender

Hey, I just bought a new rig and I'm left with 200 euros for a sound system. I think my MB(asus z97 pro gaming) is ok, I want a 5.1 setup.

Two problems here.

My tv/monitor and bed are centered in the room but when I sit do play on PC I am in a corner of the room...I would have a speaker right next(behind) to me and the rest in the other corners...there lies my question, can I feel/enjoy surround sound with thos positioning?

Maybr they can be calibrated via software?...

If I get a surround system it's imperative that the cases are tall or that they have pedestals, nowhere to put them otherwise.

For my crappy budget I only see one option with to few reviews. That is the Auna YC 5.1 http://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B00P6J47KE/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1437827630&sr=8-2π=SY200_QL40&keywords=Auna+5.1&dpPl=1&dpID=41WuMpxsi1L&ref=plSrch

Thanks for your time.

I will give you a honest answer.Right now tho 5.1 can be decent they are not that great.I have a pair of edifier speakers and i am happy with them but you are better with some normal speakers.Some movies don't have the 5.1 coded very well not to mention you need a sound card more than decent for a nice experience.My advice is this.Get some normal speakers and save for floor speakers and an amp.

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

About the calibration and positioning.For the most part is recommended to be sitting in the middle if you are using a 5.1 or 7.1.You can get a decent sound in any other part of the room but the bass may not sound the same,you may hear a speaker louder than other and you can't really fix these things.

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Moved to Audio.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What is the difference between the speakers that I linked and floor speakers?

Are you suggesting a 2.1 system?

I will do some research on how an amp will benefit me, I'm really noob when it comes to audio solutions...

thanks!

One more thing...even if it's 2.1 I will still have one speaker closer than the other so...

I can't see a way to edit from mobile so..

Let's say I download a movie, how can I recognize if it's has surround sound from the description? I never paid attention to the type of encoding or whatever else other than resolution until now.

I can't see a way to edit from mobile so..

Let's say I download a movie, how can I recognize if it's has surround sound from the description? I never paid attention to the type of encoding or whatever else other than resolution until now.

While I don't endorse your methods you want ac3 original audio on sd. On hd it's more codecs in use...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

If you have to sit off-center and away from an optimum listening position, you'll want to adjust the volume of each speaker individually. Near-field 2.1 would be better, though.

Would somone like to elaborate on why 2.1 would be better please?

thanks

Would somone like to elaborate on why 2.1 would be better please?

thanks

Because it sounds like your listening arrangement would not be optimal for surround. Note that I said "near-field", meaning that you would be seated directly in front of the speakers, which would be on a table or desk.