Got a Ram slot 3 and 4 problem. Need sugestions

Go to solution Solved by Dabombinable,

you got bent pins?

I'll have to check when I get home, but only DIMMS 1&2 are working.

Hey guys. got 2 boards that I think I fried Ram slots 3 and 4 on both(witch im sick as hell over) but anyhow need some info for testing them to see if yes they are dead or no they aren't.

Boards

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Z97 ASUS Sabertooth S

RAM

Corsair Dom's Platinum 1600 DDR3

Here is what I did .. I Wanted to test out and see how far the ram could go. Did small oc to 1866 and then 2133 then backed off all in a span of Oh 30 mins on each . Aprox. Now I tested the Sabertooth ist and then the Gaming 5 Anyhow I went back to the sabertooth and as most of you ASUS owners know I when starting the board it goes through a test boot phase of ram then PCI-e etc etc... Ram failed.. Started doing the basics etc .. Put 1 stick in the 1st slot . Start then 1 and 2 slot . Worked . 1 and 3 . FAIL and 2 and 4 fail. I also tested every stick to see if she start. She would. Did a Bios rest , Booted bios and went back to factory sets. Still 3 and 4 wont respond. Even took out the old battery and reset it. Now I never known or even heard of a slot going bad unless it kills the stick of ram with it. is it possible that I killed the slot and the ram survived? Anyone have any other test suggestions?

Thanks

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

any bent pins in the socket?

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

I've had 2 gigabyte boards with the same issue. Both had ever so slightly bent pins which were the issues

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

any bent pins in the socket?

Talking about the CPU area???.. I think I see 1 or 2 . Man The MSI board I can live with it but the Sabertooth.. Makes me sick. I love a Armor board. Sigh..

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

yes cpu socket

the memory controller is on the cpu and bent pins may affect its operation

i F#$%#$ a 1150 board. same thing. board works but dimm 3 and 4 dont work. nor will the board run dual channel. slot 1 and 2 work but in single channel mode.

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

yes cpu socket

i F#$%#$ a 1150 board. same thing. board works but dimm 3 and 4 dont work. nor will the board run dual channel. slot 1 and 2 work but in single channel mode.

So.....that's why my H87M Pro is only recognising 2 the first 2 dim?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So.....that's why my H87M Pro is only recognising 2 the first 2 dim?

you got bent pins?

yes cpu socket

thanks for the info man. Much appreciated

WELL time to RMA this Sabertooth.. im not going to lose this baby. Not by a long shot ;)

you got bent pins?

I'll have to check when I get home, but only DIMMS 1&2 are working.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Same here that is why I asked.. ;) Thanks again fellas