How to check if hardware is dead? mobo, cpu

I have a older gigabyte motherboard and 2 cpu's for the same socket i need to check if are working so i can sell it or something.

My pc is using the same socket mobo as the gigabyte one so i can check it that way, but im unsure if its SAFE to use my powersupply, mobo, ram, ssd(os) etc.

Example if i find out that old motherboard is dead, and have to check the cpu's in my asus crosshair v formula z motherboard, will that fry my mobo if the cpu is dead or something? 

CPUs don't die, as long as they're not damaged the CPUs should work fine.

CPUs don't die, as long as they're not damaged the CPUs should work fine.

Would you back up that statement with sources please?

Would you back up that statement with sources please?

theres actually no easy/cheap method to test if the cpu compared to the mobo psu bla bla..

But safe to say the rate of faulty cpus are so low ~0.2% compared to mobos 10%

theres actually no easy/cheap method to test if the cpu compared to the mobo psu bla bla..

But safe to say the rate of faulty cpus are so low ~0.2% compared to mobos 10%

Well there is a reason my brother gave me these parts. some of it was dead so he has upgraded etc. I simply need to know if its safe to put a dead cpu into a mobo powering on. or safe to power on a dead mobo with a working cpu.

Well there is a reason my brother gave me these parts. some of it was dead so he has upgraded etc. I simply need to know if its safe to put a dead cpu into a mobo powering on. or safe to power on a dead mobo with a working cpu.

As I said before, as long as the CPU isn't damaged (water damage, deep scratches etc) it should work and even if it is dead, which is very rare unless it came DOA, all that will happen is the system won't post and the mobo will give beeps telling you there's a problem with the CPU if you have a speaker installed.

Its extremely rare for a CPU to "die" so just go for it.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR