Microsoft launching a site on helping teachers master ‘Minecraft’

TwistedDictator

Minecraft is nice, I learned a lot from it. Basic English, and redstone helped me with understanding binary. I built a whole calculator with redstone. (Vanilla MC)

Seems like a stretch, why not just learn programming instead of wasting time at school.

Believe me, you will realize this is genious when you grow up, I suspect your classes aren't really hard or boring at your age

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo

I would like to remind of you of the fact that there are hackers that started at 10y old with playing around with code.

my personal example:

Jake Davis aka topiary from lulzsec was 14y old when he started playing around with code and a few years later he defaced government sites and got into things like the first sony hack and even US government sites.

Yes he learned by himself. At school at 10 years old you can't just learn programming.

You'd be surprised. Some people have learned coding at even younger ages.

Though to be fair, for the average kid, you're right. Most people that will learn programming won't learn it until they're 14-16 or so.

Yes, I never seen a school program that teaches 10 years old programming...

Yes he learned by himself. At school at 10 years old you can't just learn programming.

at school it's harder to learn because they have to and not because they want to, finding the spot of balance between them enjoying it and it being a learning process is pretty hard to find, although with minecraft and the right type of mods you have the perfect sweet spot, it replaces the boring books by a interesting videogame.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

at school it's harder to learn because they have to and not because they want to, finding the spot of balance between them enjoying it and it being a learning process is pretty hard to find, although with minecraft and the right type of mods you have the perfect sweet spot, it replaces the boring books by a interesting videogame.

Yes but  I don't think any school programs that can ditch other courses for programming atm for 10 years old.... at that age you don't have a choice in the studies you want to undergo.