I5 4690K temp question

After a day and a weekend and a bit of use my 4690K idles between 35-40 degrees celcius, I have no idea what my room temp is.

I have the S340 with the case fans set up the way they shipped with the case (120 mm top and bottom, I am pretty sure they are exhaust)

After playing some less heavy games it reached 63 degrees and I've seen it reach 70 degrees max and still boost at 3.9 Ghz (cpuz readings, for example on cinebench)

I am using the stock cooler as I was in a budget.

I am planning to get a X61 kraken for my CPU or a be quiet dark rock pro 3 as they both look really nice.

For case fans I am planning to get an AF120 for hte back and a AF 140 for the top of the case. (Low noise and not high perfomance)

are those choices good or should I do something else?

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

Don't go for Corsair's fans. They're loud and not great. I'd personallty recommend NB BlackSilent Pros and maybe Ek Vardar fans for the rad. 

Temps are good though, or at least average. 

X61 will perform better. 

Don't go for Corsair's fans. They're loud and not great. I'd personallty recommend NB BlackSilent Pros and maybe Ek Vardar fans for the rad. 

X61 will perform better. 

I want to keep the prices low so I may go with teh dark rock pro 3.

For fans I was planning on getting the quiet edition ones instead of the high performance ones. I also want my pc to look decent and I already have a black/blue theme and I'd like a bit more blue so the rings would help

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

I want to keep the prices low so I may go with teh dark rock pro 3.

For fans I was planning on getting the quiet edition ones instead of the high performance ones. I also want my pc to look decent and I already have a black/blue theme and I'd like a bit more blue so the rings would help

The Dark Rock should actually be quieter than the X61 anyway. You'd want SP fans for the CPU cooler though. I'm not sure which are included, but bequiet!'s fans are generally pretty good. 

After a day and a weekend and a bit of use my 4690K idles between 35-40 degrees celcius, I have no idea what my room temp is.

I have the S340 with the case fans set up the way they shipped with the case (120 mm top and bottom, I am pretty sure they are exhaust)

After playing some less heavy games it reached 63 degrees and I've seen it reach 70 degrees max and still boost at 3.9 Ghz (cpuz readings, for example on cinebench)

I am using the stock cooler as I was in a budget.

I am planning to get a X61 kraken for my CPU or a be quiet dark rock pro 3 as they both look really nice.

For case fans I am planning to get an AF120 for hte back and a AF 140 for the top of the case. (Low noise and not high perfomance)

are those choices good or should I do something else?

Check your case fans, and make sure top/rear are exhaust and bottom/front intake.  Other then that everything is fine, those temps are good for the stock cooler.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Check your case fans, and make sure top/rear are exhaust and bottom/front intake.  Other then that everything is fine, those temps are good for the stock cooler.

The top rear are exhaust and they are the only fans that I have in my case as they came with it. I am thinking of changing them into intakes at the front

The Dark Rock should actually be quieter than the X61 anyway. You'd want SP fans for the CPU cooler though. I'm not sure which are included, but bequiet!'s fans are generally pretty good. 

I won't get extra fans for the cooler.

My PC:

Spoiler

The top rear are exhaust and they are the only fans that I have in my case as they came with it. I am thinking of changing them into intakes at the front

I won't get extra fans for the cooler.

Make sure you have an Intake and Exhaust.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

X61 will perform better. 

Their loudness can be mended with a fan controller or fan controlling software.. They are pretty good for moving air. I guess they can be a little noisy though. But that's what headphones are for! :) let those fans work, tune it out with some nice circumaural headphones.

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

Their loudness can be mended with a fan controller or fan controlling software.. They are pretty good for moving air. I guess they can be a little noisy though. But that's what headphones are for! :) let those fans work, tune it out with some nice circumaural headphones.

I use open back headphones so I can hear my pc if it is loud.

The quiet edition can't be that loud

My PC:

Spoiler

I use open back headphones so I can hear my pc if it is loud.

The quiet edition can't be that loud

ahhh. yeah the quiet edition is good

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred