Impressive if true. 

Give me in game benchmarks however. 

What is hype may never die - Cleganebowl 2016

If these are real

Awwww shiiiiiiiiiiit

Nice pictures.

Means nothing.

In game is the only (For gamers anyways) thing that matters

sources telling me they benching games ;)

Wait, so it's losing against Titan X and 980Ti on 5k after they bragged on their conference how it runs games on 5k? Also seems like that 8GB on VRAM on 8k make it better than everything except Titan X. Would explain why Fury is losing in 5k and 8k.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

FINALLY!

If these are true, Nvidia should be shivering. They are no longer competition-less.

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

Wait, so it's losing against Titan X and 980Ti on 5k and 8k after they bragged on their conference how it runs games on 5k?

its the 4GB version there should be a 8GB version

its the 4GB version there should be a 8GB version

Yeah, just came to my mind it's hitting he VRAM cap.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Surprising the 390x does that much better despite being a rebrand

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Surprising the 390x does that much better despite being a rebrand

didnt they double the ROPS?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Saw this earlier, I'm actually interested in picking up the fury with a new motherboard.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Please reference this post from now on when posting in this sub-forum: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

No, that's the Fury you're thinking of. The R9 390x is the same exact GPU as the R9 290x, they didn't change anything.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

No, that's the Fury you're thinking of. The R9 390x is the same exact GPU as the R9 290x, they didn't change anything.

Except for clock speeds I think, right?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that both 4 and 6 GB aren't enough for 8K. Only 8 or more is enough.

But, no, they didn't double the ROPs on the 390x. It's just a straight-up rebrand of the 290x.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that both 4 and 6 GB aren't enough for 8K. Only 8 or more is enough.

But, no, they didn't double the ROPs on the 390x. It's just a straight-up rebrand of the 290x.

what about the FHD benches ? (fhd is 1080p)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Except for clock speeds I think, right?

Yeah, it has a slight overclock and comes with 8GB vram by default.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

what about the FHD benches ? (fhd is 1080p)

Oh, they increased the memory speed to 6 GHz effective and the clock speed up 50 MHz or something. I forgot about that. xD

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

If they did I never heard about it.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I find it interesting that the 390x beat the 290x by quite a large margin considering it's supposed to be just a rebrand. I'd imagine they updated the silicon in some way. Maybe they updated it to GCN 1.2?

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

If they did I never heard about it.

Oh, they increased the memory speed to 6 GHz effective and the clock speed up 50 MHz or something. I forgot about that. xD

that wont make that much difference... alot of aftermarket cards came out with 1050 and 6000