New to computer gaming what card should I get sub £250

carrmatthew123

Okay so im going from a laptop looking for build a intel system and im wondering what would be a good sub £250 graphics card I was thinking of an Msi gtx 960 4gb

Nope, try to get the 290(x), if you can't then get the 280x

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

If you can stretch your budget £13 then you can get the MSI 290X. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-912v308001

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Get a 290(x) or minimum 280x. If you REALLY REALLY want a 960 don't pay extra for 4gbs of VRAM. You'll never use it. It's just a 1080p card.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

You can get a r9 290, sometimes even a r9 290x.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Okay so im going from a laptop looking for build a intel system and im wondering what would be a good sub £250 graphics card I was thinking of an Msi gtx 960 4gb

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/4gb-asus-radeon-r9-290x-directcu-ii-5000mhz-gddr5-gpu-1000mhz-2816-streams-dp-dvi-hdmi

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

If you want an Nvidia card, stretch the budget by £7 and get an MSI GTX 970.

I like nvidea power efficiency of the new maxwell gpu and I have in my mind a stereotype that the nvidea one will last longer run quieter and have better features?

I like nvidea power efficiency of the new maxwell gpu and I have in my mind a stereotype that the nvidea one will last longer run quieter and have better features?

Better power efficiency you are correct, quieter also correct better features is debatable but I would say Nvidia has better but for your budget AMD has the better card unless you are willing to go to 970 prices. 

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!