special load on the GPUs

Terve!

I just upgraded my PC, but I am kinda scared about the result.

Now I have:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 @ 5.02 GHz

MB: Gigabyte 990FX UD5

GPU: Club 3D 280X + Sapphire 7970 in CFX

PSU: Corsair AX 760

Guess the rest does not matter too much, I can post it if you'd like though.

Yesterday I setup my liquid cooling system and filled it. Today I was doing some Idle stuff and playing some SINS of a Solar Empire Rebellion.

Now, as I was hoping that the TIM had set and I could get more load on my GPUs, I was trying some benchmarks. Namely Valley and Heaven Benchmark.

Now, whenever I started the benchmark, the secondary GPU (7970 that is) had a spike of load, got 10 °C hotter than the other one and then was sitting there without any load at the same temp like the 280X.

To test the problem, I took off the Crossfire Bridge and hooked a monitor to each of the GPUs.

Both of the GPUs give me an image (7970 only in Windows, but I'm ok with that).

Now I ran one window of valley per GPU (set the main monitor to the respective GPU).

I now have both GPUs pinned at 100% load. But with a temp difference of about 20°C (23°C max). Both benchmarks are identical.

Also there is a major performance difference between the GPUs.  The 7970 had a score of 2048, while the 280X had a 2507. (Valley)

This is normal to a certain degree (different clockspeeds), but has that something to do with the problem itsself?

What the heck is going on?

Did I screw something up with the apply of the Waterblock?

Thanks already for the help.

Sayonara!

• 2 weeks later...

Terve!

I just upgraded my PC, but I am kinda scared about the result.

Now I have:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 @ 5.02 GHz

MB: Gigabyte 990FX UD5

GPU: Club 3D 280X + Sapphire 7970 in CFX

PSU: Corsair AX 760

Guess the rest does not matter too much, I can post it if you'd like though.

Yesterday I setup my liquid cooling system and filled it. Today I was doing some Idle stuff and playing some SINS of a Solar Empire Rebellion.

Now, as I was hoping that the TIM had set and I could get more load on my GPUs, I was trying some benchmarks. Namely Valley and Heaven Benchmark.

Now, whenever I started the benchmark, the secondary GPU (7970 that is) had a spike of load, got 10 °C hotter than the other one and then was sitting there without any load at the same temp like the 280X.

To test the problem, I took off the Crossfire Bridge and hooked a monitor to each of the GPUs.

Both of the GPUs give me an image (7970 only in Windows, but I'm ok with that).

Now I ran one window of valley per GPU (set the main monitor to the respective GPU).

I now have both GPUs pinned at 100% load. But with a temp difference of about 20°C (23°C max). Both benchmarks are identical.

Also there is a major performance difference between the GPUs.  The 7970 had a score of 2048, while the 280X had a 2507. (Valley)

This is normal to a certain degree (different clockspeeds), but has that something to do with the problem itsself?

What the heck is going on?

Did I screw something up with the apply of the Waterblock?

Thanks already for the help.

Sayonara!

Terve!

Well, there was not much in terms of a reply, but I have managed to get more load to my second GPU by reinstalling the driver.

Is there something wrong with the post?

I still have the problem of different temps.

Sayonara!