Nvidia Gtx 960 with Geforce Gtx logo

Reds Duty

Hello everyone

I don't know if it is available on customer card, but in my new build I would like a gtx 960 with the geforce gtx logo.

Like this:

http://www.geforce.com/sites/default/files-world/gallery_images/article-keynote/GeForce-GTX-690-image07.jpg

I just thought it looked badass.

Is this available on this gpu, or is it only really the high-end stuff that get these cool things?

Thanks for letting me know.

Greetings Reds Duty

Currently rocking a crappy 550$ toshiba laptop without a dedicated graphics card.

So... I'm looking forward to building my very first pc!

So you want the 960 with the titan style reference cooler?

If so, then you're out of luck, as far as I know you can only find it on the 970 and 980. (in the 900 series of cards)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

AFAIK the 960 has a different reference cooler than the 970/980 so I guess you have to mod something

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

So you want the 960 with the titan style reference cooler?

Sort of... If that's possible

-snip-

That's not a problem, is it for sale?

Does it cost more then the aftermarket ones?

AFAIK the 960 has a different reference cooler than the 970/980 so I guess you have to mod something

Thanks for the info, but it doesn't really need to be illuminated

Thanks for the quick answers everyone!

Currently rocking a crappy 550$ toshiba laptop without a dedicated graphics card.

the 960 isnt a fancy card, thus it doesnt get a fancy cooler.

the cheaper a card goes, the less budget there is for the cooler, meaning coolers get more simple.

The 960 has a different reference design than a reference 970, 980, and a Titan.

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

the 960 isnt a fancy card, thus it doesnt get a fancy cooler.

the cheaper a card goes, the less budget there is for the cooler, meaning coolers get more simple.

True... But I still look the cooler on the picture of @gFrenken97 looks cool.

I'm going to look up that one... Otherwise I'll go with the EVGA one, for the 3 dp ports...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UOYQ9N4/ref=asc_df_B00UOYQ9N43710272?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=iceleadscom-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B00UOYQ9N4&ascsubtag=s1433009666501q71sa52378

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Thanks!

Is there a difference in performance with the aftermarket ones?

Or does it make only a little difference since it's made on the same card?

It depends on your computer.

It's the same GTX 960 chip but aftermarket cards are often pre-overclocked and have an open cooler design.

It will still be fine though

Okay thanks!

I am looking forward to building my pc!

Thanks for your help everybody!

True... But I still look the cooler on the picture of @gFrenken97 looks cool.

I'm going to look up that one... Otherwise I'll go with the EVGA one, for the 3 dp ports...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UOYQ9N4/ref=asc_df_B00UOYQ9N43710272?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=iceleadscom-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B00UOYQ9N4&ascsubtag=s1433009666501q71sa52378

i personally really like the looks of EVGA products.

sadly they're a rare sight in belgium.

Remember that aftermarket coolers have better overclocking capablities.

-snip-

I'm from Belgium too..

But I think I can ask my local store if they could get it....

Otherwise, I'll go with an MSI one, I've used an msi radeon r7 260x for my little brothers build...

I'll just see this summer

Greetings Reds Duty!

Nog een goede avond!

Remember that aftermarket coolers have better overclocking capablities.

I think I'm only going to overclock after my warranty is voided by time

Just for safety...

So it's not that of a big deal

(I might be a little boring buying an 8350 and a 960, without profiting of their massive overclocking capacities)

(I might be a little boring buying an 8350 and a 960, without profiting of their massive overclocking capacities)

i got a 4790K, and i intend to not overclock until the cpu no longer manages to do what i ask it to do in a timely manner.

i see overclocking as a free upgrade to get those extra few months of usage out of an old part before upgrading to the latest and greatest.

Last question:

Is 40$ extra worth it for an extra 2gb ddr5 on the 960 or not?

i got a 4790K, and i intend to not overclock until the cpu no longer manages to do what i ask it to do in a timely manner.

i see overclocking as a free upgrade to get those extra few months of usage out of an old part before upgrading to the latest and greatest.

That's a very good idea indeed!

But why did you spend extra on the unlocked version then?

Last question:

Is 40$ extra worth it for an extra 2gb ddr5 on the 960 or not?

That's a very good idea indeed!

But why did you spend extra on the unlocked version then?

in case i'll need to squeeze out that bit of extra power before i buy a new part.

also wanted to prepare in case i wanted SLI, and SLI is only on Z97 it seems, meaning a non-k CPU is a rather dull idea.

i personally really like the looks of EVGA products.

sadly they're a rare sight in belgium.

At alternate.be you can find one at not much more expensive!

https://www.alternate.be/html/product/information/page.html?articleId=1181022&channel_code=57&product_code=98760504&utm_source=hardware

I might just buy it here!

i can recommend alternate for pretty much anything that is connected to a computer.

my entire system is from there, as well as my router, that last one caused me a serious bit of trouble.

i got the luck of getting a DOA router, which they replaced without issue, getting me a brand bew (sadly again DOA) router.

if something like that happens they get you store credit, so you can swap for any other product from the store (probably to replace said product)

so if the EVGA explodes, they'll get you a new EVGA, and if that explodes again, you can get an MSI :P

i can recommend alternate for pretty much anything that is connected to a computer.

my entire system is from there, as well as my router, that last one caused me a serious bit of trouble.

i got the luck of getting a DOA router, which they replaced without issue, getting me a brand bew (sadly again DOA) router.

if something like that happens they get you store credit, so you can swap for any other product from the store (probably to replace said product)

so if the EVGA explodes, they'll get you a new EVGA, and if that explodes again, you can get an MSI :P

Thanks!

I'm feeling sorry for you for having all these trouble.

I now the feeling, troubleshooting doa products for hours, and having to wait untill the next thing arrives..

Never had 2 of those in a row though!

It's nice hearing that there are stores with good customer support.

Greetings

Reds Duty