Sli GTX 970, How Much Bend is To Much :/

Ive noticed my GTX 970's are sagging some, im wondering if looks like to much and i need to do something at this point. I notice a lot of people online with more sag in their cards and using them for like 3+ years. 

Let me know what you guys think!

DA

post-63859-0-51895500-1432948376_thumb.j

post-63859-0-53744500-1432948381_thumb.j

post-63859-0-72158500-1432948384_thumb.j

post-63859-0-41537200-1432948556_thumb.j

TBH, I don't notice any sagging lol

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

It's fine haha. Nothing wrong with a little bit of sag. It's only the back end of the card sagging, so chances are it won't cause any issues with the PCIe slot.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I have the same case, and same GPU. The sagging is fine, my MSI 970 does it as well. There's no real way around it without a custom bracket of sorts. It's not going to kill them though, so I wouldn't sweat it.

I don't do signatures.

I have the same case, and same GPU. The sagging is fine, my MSI 970 does it as well. There's no real way around it without a custom bracket of sorts. It's not going to kill them though, so I wouldn't sweat it.

It's fine haha. Nothing wrong with a little bit of sag. It's only the back end of the card sagging, so chances are it won't cause any issues with the PCIe slot.

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure it looked fine to other people as well. I mean it does sag alittle down as well? not just in the back but in general, only slightly though. This fine as well?

My GTX 970 G1 Sags a bit as well 

Yeah, just wanted to make sure this much seems normal :)

sagging is normal. I hate it, so my cards are suspended in my case with fishing line. I'm not saying I recommend it, but it worked pretty darn well once you successfully get it tight.

That much is normal, don't worry it happnes

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Should have bought the best buy NVidia cards. Linus reviewed a product that's made to hold up poorly designed cards.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Should have bought the best buy NVidia cards. Linus reviewed a product that's made to hold up poorly designed cards.

What was it?

What was it?

Don't recall as I wouldn't need anything like that. Was on one of the handy tech under $100 videos I think.,

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

sagging is normal. I hate it, so my cards are suspended in my case with fishing line. I'm not saying I recommend it, but it worked pretty darn well once you successfully get it tight.

My GTX 970 G1 Sags a bit as well 

I know backplates eleminate it for sure, So i was looking for some custom backplates online and found these. Do you think it would help. I see it mentions a magnetic fastening. Would that mean it would just continue to sag, or do you think it will actually help. 

http://www.v1tech.com/shop/backplates/msi-dragon-backplates/#reviews

I know backplates eleminate it for sure, So i was looking for some custom backplates online and found these. Do you think it would help. I see it mentions a magnetic fastening. Would that mean it would just continue to sag, or do you think it will actually help. 

It'd probably continue to sag since it's not screwed in tightly, just a plate held on by magnets. That's just my thoughts though, I most certainly may be wrong.

Great for looks though!!

I don't do signatures.

Hate to bring it to you, but backplates don't prevent sag. 

You could get something that supports your cards, that would work better.

This G1 with a backplate still sags

20150303_000315_zpsxzrz7ysy.jpg

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It'd probably continue to sag since it's not screwed in tightly, just a plate held on by magnets. That's just my thoughts though, I most certainly may be wrong.

Great for looks though!!

Im trying to order 2 backplates for my gpus, im wondering how i would tell which revision my pcb layout would be. 1.1 or 1.3, anyway to tell?

Im trying to order 2 backplates for my gpus, im wondering how i would tell which revision my pcb layout would be. 1.1 or 1.3, anyway to tell?

It's written on the PCB near the PCIE connector I believe.

I don't do signatures.